March 2013 Moms

Low Amniotic Fluid?

I had my a/s ultrasound on Monday and today the nurse calls me to let me know that they need to schedule another ultrasound. The nurse goes on to say that the ultrasound from Monday shows low amniotic fluid and the doctor wants to check it in 4 to 6 weeks. So we scheduled the appointment and that was that. I was figuring that I had not been drinking enough fluids and that is what caused it but I wanted a little more information so I googled it... I know better but I did it anyway.

What I found is that low amniotic fluid in the first or second trimester can be signs of a major birth defect among other things. I am so scared right now the only thing keeping me from losing it is DS and the hopes that they were wrong. I did read that there is a possibility that the ultrasound was incorrect but that information was based on the diagnosis at the end of the pregnancy.

So my question to you is, do you know anything about low amniotic fluid? have you or anyone you know been misdiagnosed with this? TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Low Amniotic Fluid?

• My friend was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid levels and her baby is fine..she was told to just make sure to stay well hydrated..so drink plenty of water!!!
    KCmarch1
  • My sister-in-law was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid levels as well, so she was monitored closely. Her baby was born two months ago and is doing great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies,

I am hoping it is a false alarm and that they are just going to check again as a precaution. I am increasing my water to see if it helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The level of amniotic fluid measured at an appointment is just a moment in what's really happening. Keep yourself hydrated and stay away from google!

Did they tell you what the level was and how many weeks were you at the time of the appointment?

Good Luck! 

January 2016 FB Group. 
    Friend this dummy account: http://on.fb.me/1d1Y5FN 
    Send a message saying you want in and I'll add you! 
    Feel Free to unfriend once you're added. 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Amniotic fluid levels can change pretty easily and are definitely subjective to the measurements of the tech- its really easy to measure a pocket of fluid incorrectly or to miss a pocket of fluid that would show an increased level of fluid overall. Make sure you stay extra hydrated and I would bet that everything will be fine at the next scan especially if they found low amniotic fluid to be the only concern. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was not diagnosed with low, amniotic fluid, but when my Dr. broke my "water" nothing came out but blood. After DS spent a week in NICU, it was determined that I had low, amniotic fluid.

Hopefully, it is a false alarm. If it's not, it is good that it is being caught early and you and baby will be monitored closely.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"