High-Risk Pregnancy

~*~GD Check in~*~

This is an open check-in for ladies with GD. We'll be checking in every Tuesday. If you are new, WELCOME! Please give us a little intro/background and your EDD.

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer!

GTKY: Are you being induced because of GD? If so, at how many weeks?

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?

Hope you ladies have a lovely week!

***Can someone please post a link to this check-in on the 3rd tri board?***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: ~*~GD Check in~*~

• Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! Pretty good. Although I am craving apple pie a la mode. If anyone has any GD friendly recipes please let me know!

GTKY: Are you being induced because of GD? If so, at how many weeks? Yes I was with DS at 39weeks and will be again with this baby at 38w6d alittle early because its Christmas weekend.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? I have been alittle more flexible with my dinners my numbers are getting better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Well my diagnosis was changed yesterday to reactive hypoglycemic... but it's treated the same as GD so I hope I can still participate. I have new insurance and a new caregiver and am so much happier with my treatment. Oh and I'm off meds because they were causing lots of lows and are actually dangerous.

We are going apple picking Saturday and I'm trying to figure out something low sugar I can have that's still festive. I may buy a frozen pie to save for post delivery.

Since the change in diagnosis I've had much better numbers.. I'm eating every 2 hours though and so full all the time

Eta no idea if I'll be induced or not this time
  • UPDATES: numbers have been fairly good. Some wonky ones here and there, but overall not bad. I am missing my favorite snacks pretty bad at this point. What I wouldn't give for a handful of Chips Ahoy cookies and a glass of milk! 

Started my weekly NST and Biophysicals this week.  Love sitting there listening to that heartbeat! 

GTKY:  Likely being delivered by scheduled c-section at 39 weeks---which is a Sat. Because of my other heart related pre-existing stuff. Because its a Sat, they will likely use my GD and heart issues to push delivery to the Fri (38 weeks 6 days) or push me to Monday so I am 39 weeks 2 days, still in discussion because they do not want me "in labor" at all because of heart stuff. I'm all for the Friday--- then I get to be home to celebrate Thanksgiving and this new little blessing with our families. If I deliver Monday, it will be okay. Our families will just celebrate Thanksgiving on the weekend. 

Food successes: the Dreamfields pasta works wonders fr me and doesn't spike my numbers as long as I stick to one serving (maybe a tiny but more than that!) and have a protein with it (sausage was the choice yesterday!). Last night I bulked it up by adding Broccoli and a salad. My number 2 hours later was only 101. 

Still missing desserts. My birthday is tomorrow....going to be tough! I really want a piece of pumpkin cheesecake from Cheesecake Factoy. But, I can manage 12 Peanut M&M's as my nighttime snack and have good fasting numbers in the morning. 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! Doing ok..getting weary of this diet and ready to eat whatever i want again. Our anniversary is Sat and we usually go to Melting Pot but since it's so high carb/high sugar, we skipped it this year and I'm really bummed

GTKY: Are you being induced because of GD? If so, at how many weeks? I have not brought this up with my Drs yet, nor have they brought it up with me, but my mom works in the NICU at the same hospital with these drs and says they won't let me go past my due date (we have a history of early labor in our family though, so maybe LO will beat them to it)

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? I apparently cannot have anything with my glass of milk at night unless I want to spike my #s. I had one little brownie bite (maybe 2 bites total) and it spiked my fasting #s the next morning from the mid 80s to a 96...guess i won't be doing that again...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! I am doing just fine. Frustrated because NOTHING I do is helping my fasting numbers, so now I just wait for Monday to roll around & I get the phone call from the MFM office (after I fax in my numbers) and get put on something.

GTKY: Are you being induced because of GD? If so, at how many weeks? As of right now. No, but after I go on meds I guess that will change. But I'm at risk for pre-e (I had it with my first) and I ended up being induced at 37 weeks with him because of it... so it's just going to be up in the air for at least another month to see if the pre-e signs appear.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? My fasting numbers have defeated me. Even my successes don't make me feel better right now. I'm just too angry about the fasting crap.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How are you doing this week? 
    Pretty good, I had one fasting number of 102 that was weird for me, but the night before I tried having no sugar added ice cream as my snack.  Perhaps that is the reason for the spike but not sure.  

What late night snacks do others enjoy?  

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?
    I found a low carb tortilla at the store that I can add chicken, cheese and jalepenos to and make a chicken fajita.  I can have two of those, coupled with a salad and my number was really good. Since I have only been doing this a week and a half, I'm happy to have found another thing I can eat that keeps my numbers within the range.  

I have my next appt next week, so then I will ask my doctor about being induced. Right now, I am not sure what to expect about that.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Updates:  My numbers have been good, and I think I'm settling into the diet fairly well, although I'm still having trouble gaining weight (have lost 3 pounds since starting the GD diet and can't even gain those back).  I don't think that's a huge deal, but I have only gained 12-13 pounds and I started the pregnancy at a normal weight, so I'm a little concerned.

GTKY:  I will be induced on my due date if LO hasn't come.  DD#1 was born on her due date, so I'm not anticipating needing the induction.

Successes:  Ice cream!  I've been having a (very small) portion of ice cream for my evening snack and have generally had good fasting numbers the next morning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Updates: Numbers are much better since increasing my glyburide.  Went on a weekend trip and figured out that I need to bring my own snacks.  It's just too difficult to find suitable snacks while on the road.  I guess I knew that, but I was just being lazy.  I'm still bored with this diet, but feeling less discouraged that my numbers are better.

GTKY: I'm still so early, but they did talk about inducing at 39 weeks.  However, DS was born 5 weeks early, so right now we're focusing on getting me to 37 weeks.

I had a piece of apple pie with a glass of milk for my bedtime snack and my fasting number was the best it's been.  I also was able to eat two pieces of pizza without spiking my numbers.  I tried the apple pie again last night and my fasting was 92.  Oh well, no more of that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image dmbrydon:

Updates: Numbers are much better since increasing my glyburide.  Went on a weekend trip and figured out that I need to bring my own snacks.  It's just too difficult to find suitable snacks while on the road.  I guess I knew that, but I was just being lazy.  I'm still bored with this diet, but feeling less discouraged that my numbers are better.

GTKY: I'm still so early, but they did talk about inducing at 39 weeks.  However, DS was born 5 weeks early, so right now we're focusing on getting me to 37 weeks.

I had a piece of apple pie with a glass of milk for my bedtime snack and my fasting number was the best it's been.  I also was able to eat two pieces of pizza without spiking my numbers.  I tried the apple pie again last night and my fasting was 92.  Oh well, no more of that.

What does your dr want your fasting to be? Mine is ok with under 95. I've been doing ice cream at night and ending up between 89-92 and pretending that's ok :)

• image ExcitedMum2B:
    image dmbrydon:

Updates: Numbers are much better since increasing my glyburide.  Went on a weekend trip and figured out that I need to bring my own snacks.  It's just too difficult to find suitable snacks while on the road.  I guess I knew that, but I was just being lazy.  I'm still bored with this diet, but feeling less discouraged that my numbers are better.

What does your dr want your fasting to be? Mine is ok with under 95. I've been doing ice cream at night and ending up between 89-92 and pretending that's ok :)

My doc wants my fastings less than 90.  I'm really not all that concerned about 92.  I didn't say this before, but I tried pumpkin pie as my bedtime snack too and my number was 102.  I was just thinking I should just try to be a little more compliant.  I usually don't have a sweet tooth, but I love fall desserts.

Pregnancy Ticker