Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Which Way Did LO Roll?

Much of what I have read says that they will roll from tummy to back first.  However, I feel like many of the ladies on here are saying their LO went from back to tummy first.  Still waiting for DD to make her 1st roll.  What were your experiences?

Re: Which Way Did LO Roll?

• DD rolls from back to tummy! Now everytime I lay her on her activity mat she rolls over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Belly to back!  Still working on back to belly. He tries really hard, but never quite makes it all the way over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my twin girls started rolling at one month, belly to back. She likes to flail her arms and legs, she's quite the wiggle worm! The doctor was impressed, she said they don't usually look for that developmentally until after the 3 month mark. Some babies roll over out of anger, too she said. Mine just doesn't like to stay still lol. I think they expect babies to roll belly to back first because babies don't tend to like being on their belly as much, so they're want to be on their back, but I think it depends on how much tummy time they get. That's just my take.
  • Back to belly, still waiting for belly to back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO rolled over on the exam table at Dr's office at 2 weeks. Now she just rolls over when she's supposed to be having tummy time.
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD2 hasn't rolled anywhere yet, but DD1 rolled from belly to back first, right around 2 months old.  Back to belly came a while later.
    Elizabeth Renee - 10/15/2008
    Anna Kathryn - 09/09/2012
  • Thanks everyone!  I guess it really can be either way.  I'm guessing DD will go from back to tummy 1st.  She seems to be trying really hard. 
  • Both boys rolled tummy to back first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"