2nd Trimester

Rash on top of bump

I woke up this morning with a red rash thats itchy on the top of my bump almost right under my boobs.  Its so itchy!  Has anyone dealt with this issue?  Im 23 weeks. Thx! 

Re: Rash on top of bump

• Is it right under your boobs as in would be under your bra and possibly yeast? If that's the case, air out the area as much as possible (SO will be happy!)

If not, could be PUPPS or a few other pregnancy rashes. I had one real bad with DD and nothing really helped - oatmeal baths, eucerin anti-itch cream, etc. helped for a little while. Eventually when I was induced they gave me high strength cream and a shot in the butt of benadryl. I'd have the doc check it out and give you some suggestions. GL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image saturdaynightdoubletree:

Is it right under your boobs as in would be under your bra and possibly yeast? If that's the case, air out the area as much as possible (SO will be happy!)

If not, could be PUPPS or a few other pregnancy rashes. I had one real bad with DD and nothing really helped - oatmeal baths, eucerin anti-itch cream, etc. helped for a little while. Eventually when I was induced they gave me high strength cream and a shot in the butt of benadryl. I'd have the doc check it out and give you some suggestions. GL!

If it's the under the boob thing I put baby powder under there before I put my bra on and it really helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Eleanor Louise is going to be a big sister!
     BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • What does it look like?

I developed Pityriasis Rosea (started out as two itchy rounded spots on my chest). It has now spread to my stomach and back. Besides being extremely annoying and itchy, my primary care doctor says it is nothing to worry about, is non-contagious, and will clear up on it's own in 6-8 weeks.

If it is just a rash--it could be from your bra being to tight and sweat in that area. If you are sweaty there try using baby powder to keep it dry and wash your bras regularly. 

• Could be heat rash.  I would mention it to your dr at your next appointment.  Until then, I agree w/ PPs - baby powder!  Or even possibly a little hydrocortisone cream.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I had it under my bra area and talked to my doctor about it. It is a topical yeast infection and it's because your body temp is increased and the area is usually sweaty under your bra with no air flow! It sucks - mine is really bad and the area actually smells bad too, I am super self conscious about it :( My doctor recommended gold bond medicated powder right under your breasts, so I use it almost everyday. It does keep the red bumps down and got rid of the itch. She also said it would go away after the baby is born because your body temperature goes back down. Hope this helps!
  • It could be a pregnancy rash.  I had one on my legs last time.  Waited way too long and suffered before I went to the doctor with it.  Once I got it treated it was so much better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards