November 2012 Moms
Options

The nerve of some people...

If you look at my sig you will see a link to my blog which today I wrote a post "There should be an application process...". I put a link to a newspaper article that came out today. If you don't actually read it, it is basically about a woman (in my area) and her sister that left a sleeping 2 year old boy in a car on the side of the road with a crack pipe and a bottle of booze while the mom left to go get drugs and the aunt left to look for gas. The aunt says that she HAD to come back to the car b/c she saw the cops. I can't believe this!! What are your thoughts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The nerve of some people...

• Options
    They called CPS then returned the child to his dad.

• Options
    well given their situation, drugee and all, i highly doubt that they planned to "reproduce," it was probably an accident. so the part about "they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce" is something to think about because it was surely a better decision keeping the baby than aborting it, IMO. their decision however, to keep the child in their custody, is another thing. knowing that they cannot fully attend to the child is the questionable part. then again, i have no idea what theie situation is like. what the father's role is, or the aunt but ultimately, it is sad that there are kids who have to go through this sort of thing.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sad!  I hate hearing stories about children who have to deal with having crappy parents.  It is so sad when parents put their selfish needs ahead of their children's safety.  If you have a problem, put on your big girl undies and ask for help.  Don't continue to put your child in danger while you're trying to float through life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    I didn't read your blog but through what I gathered for your post and OP. I agree 100%. A child should not have to suffer from the mistakes of the parents. There is something wrong with these people and they should not be allowed to raise children.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imagekissmii:
    well given their situation, drugee and all, i highly doubt that they planned to "reproduce," it was probably an accident. so the part about "they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce" is something to think about because it was surely a better decision keeping the baby than aborting it, IMO. their decision however, to keep the child in their custody, is another thing. knowing that they cannot fully attend to the child is the questionable part. then again, i have no idea what theie situation is like. what the father's role is, or the aunt but ultimately, it is sad that there are kids who have to go through this sort of thing.

Yeah this comment isn't literal. I mean, we aren't China. We aren't going to kill babies b/c they were born "the wrong gender" or something. When I say this it is more like calling out people who don't deserve the child to begin with.

• Options
    image143BabyCakes:

imagekissmii:

Yeah this comment isn't literal. I mean, we aren't China. We aren't going to kill babies b/c they were born "the wrong gender" or something. When I say this it is more like calling out people who don't deserve the child to begin with.

of course, i totally got what you meant. i just felt the need to clarify/ justify that part since i too, had an accidental pregnancy. but like i said, it's the part about keeping the child and weighing the options, whether they can take care of him or not, is the main point (:
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekissmii:
    image143BabyCakes:

imagekissmii:

of course, i totally got what you meant. i just felt the need to clarify/ justify that part since i too, had an accidental pregnancy. but like i said, it's the part about keeping the child and weighing the options, whether they can take care of him or not, is the main point (:

Totally agree. Even though I have been wanting a baby for a long time, this pregnancy was a big oops!! Thankfully I am in a position to be able to raise him and care for him, and hopefully only screw him up enough to make him funny Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"