Adoption
Options

Wish I had...

I wish this had been around when I was adopting my oldest DD.  She is now 13, and that is a whole new bunch of fun!  My mom, sis and I were all foster parents, and she was the first baby we took.  We had taken older kids, but she was the first baby and she was 27 days.  I was in love with her in about 2.2 seconds, and after a very long fight through the system she was adopted at 2 years.  I was a single mom when I adopted her, and so my mom and sis were my backup. 

My sister also has 3 adopted boys with similar stories.  So in my family it is the biological kids who are the strange ones.  I have a little different perspective on all of this, and have been out of the system for some time.  But I love all the hope on this thread!

I wish this had been around for support and help when I was adopting, but am grateful for it now too.  I recently had my youngest DD (there are just the two of them) and so now my oldest is turning into a great big sister.  It has been a fun adventure, and I wish you all the best of luck in however you are adopting.  The system is frustrating, but there are so many kids out there who need love.  They come with baggage, but don't we all?  Big Smile

Born with TEF, but right as rain now! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wish I had...

• Options
    Welcome to the board!!  Congratulations on both of your DDs, that must be so much fun.  It's great to hear from someone who has been through the system and knows others that have fostered and adopted as well.  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options

imageDaisyZH:
    Welcome to the board!!  Congratulations on both of your DDs, that must be so much fun.  It's great to hear from someone who has been through the system and knows others that have fostered and adopted as well.  Smile

Welcome!  I echo Daisy, we welcome your perspective! 

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi!  Please stick around.  We can always use the perspective of someone who's a bit further down the road than we are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"