Baby Showers

Games at a Sprinkle?

I want to throw my friend a sprinkle for her second child.  I'm going to keep it very simple and very small.  I'm even considering just having it at a restaurant that serves afternoon tea.  Do you think I can get away with not having games?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Games at a Sprinkle?

• YES.  Please don't do games.  Most people don't like them regardless of whether it's a big shower for a first baby or a sprinkle for a second.  Just say no.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCranang:
    YES.  Please don't do games.  Most people don't like them regardless of whether it's a big shower for a first baby or a sprinkle for a second.  Just say no.

I don't agree that MOST people don't like them.  I seriously don't know anyone IRL that don't like them.  I have only heard on this website even the idea of people not liking baby shower games and I started asking around (family, friends, co-workers).  Not one person said they really disliked games or even rolled their eyes.

As for having games at a sprinkle...I wouldn't.  Usually there aren't that many guests and they are only a couple hours long...if that.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  I'm pretty indifferent to shower games so if there isn't a need for games I'm more than happy about that!
  • And I don't know anyone IRL who DOES like them.  I guess it's just who you know :-).  But none of my good friends, or even marginal friends, all over the country, like anything about baby shower games.  We play them, and then snicker to each other about how lame they were.
  • Well, I don't have friends all over the country (just Great Lakes states, plus OH, PA, KY, NC, SC, FL, plus now MO) so maybe my friends, family, coworkers are "old school".  We all seem to enjoy the games (except the silly ones, like measuring the MTB's stomach, or anything that involves tasting, drinking or smelling).  LOL  We play games at Christmas parties, too.  Maybe we just aren't sophistocated enough to dislike the games.  It is funny that I have never even heard of someone NOT liking them until I read it on here...but then a lot of people follow the "popular" trend regardless of whether it is really what they feel/believe/like or not.
  • I don't think it's a "sophistication" thing. And what "popular" trend are you talking about?  I'm confused.
  • IMO, hating or not liking shower games is a trendy thing.  Would have never heard anyone say that 10 years ago (course I don't hear it now - except on here).  I think my group of friends, family, etc. still like things (and do things) the same way our mom's did (and my mom is OLD!).  lol
  • LOL, my mom hates baby shower games too!  I remember she was appalled the first time we were at a shower together and they announced that a game was forthcoming.  I had never actually heard of baby shower games until my generation started having kids.

And we were big game players in my family...LOL.

• To be more specific, I don't like traditional shower games like measuring MTB's belly, tasting baby food, figuring out "poop" in diaper, etc.  I'm all for creativity to make things interesting.  For my co-ed bridal shower my MOH put together a Family-feud type game and it was pretty awesome. 
  • guess its true when they say when women get together they just yap away.  Just answer the question and move on.

No, its not weird not to have games at a "sprinkle".  you don't have to do anything you don't want to.  if you're throwing the event, you're in charge of everything that happens and doesn't happen.  and if its in a restaurant, you might NOT want to do games, you may annoy other people at the restaurant.

for those of you that get "appauled" at shower games, you don't have to participate either.  its a game, losen up and have fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"