1st Trimester

What's your favorite pregnancy book?

Hello everyone!

After a hard battle with infertility, I got a positive beta test yesterday! I'm very cautious right now because I know it's early, but I wanted to start informing myself a bit more. Which pregnancy books can you recommend? My RE recommended What to Expect When You Are Expecting, but I now there are so many choices out there now.  What are you reading? 

Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your favorite pregnancy book?

• I have read "The Mayo Clinic for a Healthy Pregnancy" and "The Whole Pregnancy Handbook" by Joel Evans. I preferred the Mayo Clinic one's organization, but I liked Whole Pregnancy one for its incorporation of traditional and alternative approaches to pregnancy and labor/delivery. I found it helpful in educating myself on all the approaches I might want to take.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • Go to Barnes n nobles if you have one.
    I've read them all. The one I have now is Pregnancy And Birth. It tells you everything. What to expect while expecting Is long and has a lot u don't need to read.
  • Also pregnancy week by week. Is also good. There's a bung of books. But the bet the Would be to go to a big book store or library. They have good books there and you don't have to by them you could just sit and read.
    Congratulations on your baby!!!!! Best wishes
  • Congrats!

I second the Mayo Clinic book, and a friend also recommended Expecting 411 which is organized differently from a lot of the stuff I've seen out there, and I love it - it's great for quickly looking up different symptoms, foods you should and shouldn't eat, etc. in a Q&A format.  It's more of a reference book.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1907612_10152036835145592_5601357475915745763_n-1

• I am a birth and postpartum doula and these are some of my favorites. Anything by Dr. Sears and The Mother of All Pregnancy Books for pregnancy. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and the Birth Partner for birth. 

WTEWYE is completely worthless IMO. 

JOP Wedding during R&R 1/23/09, traditional wedding in Ireland 4/17/10BFP#1 3/3/10, EDD 11/9/10, DS born 10/30/10BFP#2 9/8/12, EDD 5/22/13, MM/C 10/15/12 }Baby Felix{BFP#3 11/15/12, EDD 7/25/13, DD born 7/25/13

• Last time I read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, The Panic Free Pregnancy and Hypnobirthing.  This time around....I have zero time to read.  What to Expect books were kind of boring to me.  I didn't make it through them really.  

Best of luck to you! 

Edit because eye kantspel gud 

• Congrats :) I'm reading the Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy and What to Expect When Your Expecting. I just received a copy of Your Pregnancy & Childbirth (by The American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists) but haven't started reading it yet. 

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • wjvwjv
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Pregnancy Day by Day!  A little pricey, but its awesome! It has an easy to read format and sort of reads like a magazine.  Has lots of pictures.  Check it out on Amazon.  Someone posted on the may board about it so I checked it out and ordered it.  Last pregnancy I read What to expect and pregnancy week by week.  I enjoy this one much better.  Also, I read You Having a Baby last time by Dr. Oz.  It was ok. 
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker