April 2011 Moms

weight

Hey Ladies!

I have not been on here for about a month...life has been busy :/

I have a question regarding DD weight...

I weighed DD a few days ago (have not weighed her since her 12 month check up)  and she is only 21lbs! (and a few ounces) I am pretty sure that is kinda low. She has a new doctor and we won't be able to see her until November for her 18 month check up (even though she will be 19 mons) I am kind of worried. She eats well and is a happy active baby otherwise.

How much do your LO's weigh?

Re: weight

• DD is a tank. She's 33 1/2" tall and about ~31lbs.  She doesn't stop moving all day long, she's so darn busy. If your DD eats well and is happy and active I wouldn't worry at all. There is a HUGE range of normal.

My niece is 20months old about 22lbs, and about 2" shorter than DD. She's super healthy, just very petite. It's very strange having the cousins together with this contrast.

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• I wouldn't worry about it too much.  As long as she is eating and active there probably isn't a problem.  DD has always rocked it out around the 25th percentile for weight and she is just built petite.  She weighs around 24 pounds right now and she will be 18 months next week.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • At his 18 month appt he was 31.5 " and just under 26 lbs.

If she's eating well I wouldn't worry too much about it.  She could just be petite. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My lo is 17 months and weighs 22 even with clothes on. She's low on the precentile charts but she eats like a horse and runs non stop all day.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I don't have a full grasp on why you're worried. Has she lost/not gained at all since her 12 month appointment? You said she eats well, is healthy etc.. so I don't think her weight is an issue at all.

Nora's 18 month appointment is in about 2 weeks. She was 23 lbs at her 15 month appointment. I'm going to guess that she's about 25-26 lbs now, but she's always been higher on the weight percentile chart (lowest point was 60th%ile).

Where has your LO typically fallen on the charts?

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• DS is 18 months and weighs about 22 pounds (based on our home scale).  He has always been in the lower percentile's for weight and head circumference, but he is just a small dude.  His pedi is not concerned as he is eating fine and still is growing properly, just on the lower part of the curve. ;0)  His 18 month appt is on Thursday so it will be interesting to see how much he has really grown.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • E is pretty tiny herself--she was under 20 lbs at her 15 month and I am pretty sure she isn't too far over it right now (just over 17 months). 

I totally understand being concerned, I always worry a little until the pedi tells me she is not worried at her appointments.  If DD is eating, pooping, peeing and acting normal, I am pretty sure she is fine!  If she is losing weight or has other "signs" of something wrong, maybe try to move her appointment up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the feedback ladies!

I know she eats fine and runs around all day but I guess I am just a tiny bit worried because weight wise she seems a little behind. 

Can't wait to see what the doctor says in November :)

• my DD is 20.5 lbs...she is in the 5 percentile I guess. But she is healthy and eats good.  She is growing taller and is in the 25th percentile for height.  My doc isn't concerned, she is developing just fine.  Just a petite little thing right now!  If she is eating fine and has a good disposition don't fret!  Some kids are just smaller and some take longer to hit those growth spurts!
  • DD's 18 mo appt is in 2 wks but I think she's around 26 lbs. As long as she gained weight from last month, I wouldn't be worried. With DD1, I was worried about her weight at this age and our pedi at the time said head circumference is what the drs look at first b/c they understand weight and eating habits are phases. 
  • At 18m my daughter was 27 pounds. I worry more that she's so big! She's 85th percentile for both height and weight so she's proportionate, which the doctor says means she's just fine. 
  • My LO is 34.5 inches tall and weighs 28lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"