First, I am glad that H's SA came back normal. Sigh of relief. The actual urologist (specializes in MFI) was out of town so they didn't give specific numbers over the phone, just said "normal range." Should I try to get H to get them to give the exact numbers?
Next issue- I am already feeling defeated. I have mentioned before that we're OOP for testing. We are struggling with deciding if and when to go forward with more tests. Could someone please help me decide what to do if I give you the following info.....?
I went in for my annual exam w/ OB and asked for recommendation for an RE. We talked for 10 minutes about my history (opks/ temps show ovulation) and she recommended an HSG (quoted $1800). The ENTIRE exam was coded through insurance under "infertility" --- so what was supposed to be my FREE annual exam is now a $275 visit. I've been calling the office and leaving messages but no calls returned. The office is 5 minutes from my house and I want to storm down there and ask (demand?) them to recode it. Why was my freaking pap smear denied coverage because of "infertility" code when I have no diagnosis? WW3T do?
Similarly, the urologist's office said the SA would cost $175 with $75 for a follow up consult if results weren't normal. I tried to get DH to get it in writing and he was a chicken and didn't ask. Instead the EOB shows $426 with nothing covered for a quick consult and the lab test. DH just wants to pay and move on, but I want him to call and fight for the $175 quote. WW3T do?
I normally wouldn't share this next personal info, but I think our income is very relevant to my "WW3T do?" questions and I posted alot of this on Money Matters on the Nest a year ago anyway:
We both have bachelor's degrees in education and we were working in our field making combined 75k gross income the year before we got married. Then DH got laid off, and took a lesser paying job out of necessity. Soon after that, I switched to teaching private school for my sanity. We now make 62k combined gross income. We pay 500/month in premiums for insurance through H's work. We don't have any student loans, car payments (for now) or credit card debt, thank goodness. We have 25k in a "catch-all" savings account (emergency, baby fund, house repairs, vacations, no maternity leave at work- only FMLA unpaid leave). We only put 5% into retirement.
I do not get any paid sick time or paid time off, and my work frowns on taking time off during the school year since our summer break is supposed to be our "time off." DH gets 11 paid vacation days per year, but no sick time, personal leave, etc and can really only miss work if there is a real emergency since he is the manager at his location. So that has to be taken into consideration when we think about how much money/time it would cost us to pursue more tests and the like.
DH wants to try 2-6 more months before I go in for testing since there are no apparent issues. Part of me wants more answers NOW after so long, but part of me just agrees with H-- but only because of how freaking expensive it is for us. WW3T do in our financial situation?
Thanks to those that read my novel. Don't you want to make these life decisions for me? :-)