1st Trimester

Pregnant - can't get insurance

My wife and I moved from Northern California to Oregon a few months ago.

When we lived in Northern California she got pregnant (2 years ago) and we didn't have health insurance. 

Kaiser Permanente offered a plan for $300 a month with no maternity costs even though she was pregnant. It was a GREAT plan. She had a C-Section and the birth only cost us $600.

Now she is 13 weeks pregnant again (even though we haven't seen a doctor or taken a test, we just know). 

The few insurance companies we've applied with said they won't approve her insurance until a negative pregnancy test and won't issue insurance if she's pregnant. 

Does anyone know how we can get affordable insurance (less than $350 a month) and approved in Oregon? Or are we out of luck? 

Re: Pregnant - can't get insurance

• Wait? What? I thought you couldn't be denied because of pre-existing conditions anymore...and like she hasn't peed on a stick or hasn't taken a blood test? Check with your local Planned Parenthood. I believe they offer prenatal care or can point you in the direction of someone who will.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is this your wife? https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/69114755.aspx

I maintained health insurance before I got pregnant, so I have no advice. 

She hasn't peed on a stick or taken a blood test yet. She's about 13 weeks. Has a baby bump and has morning sickness everyday just like the last 3 kids.  

• Shayliz - No that's not my wife. 
  • what about medicaid? and please have her pee on a stick.
    BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • First, have her take a test. Then, look into Medicaid. Private insurances can decline coverage for maternity services on already pregnant patients. This is why maintaining coverage, even thru cobra, is so important.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Depending on your income level she may be eligible for Oregon Health Plan insurance. You can google it get more info. If she qualifies it should cover everything 100%.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• imageKateRN08:
    I'm still stuck on the fact that you are so certain she is pregnant but you haven't even taken a test yet. It costs a dollar.

Yes

Or free at Planned Parenthood. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageDuckDad:

In Oregon it counts as a pre-existing condition :( Sucks

She hasn't peed on a stick or taken a blood test yet. She's about 13 weeks. Has a baby bump and has morning sickness everyday just like the last 3 kids.  

Ok, seriously...what off-board is punking us?  This is the 2nd one within 24hrs.  MUD

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageDuckDad:
    Does anyone know how we can get affordable insurance (less than $350 a month) and approved in Oregon? Or are we out of luck? 

You can try calling Oregon Health Connect for information. They should be able to help point you to some sort of coverage, at least, or help you figure out if you're eligible for a low-income support program or something like that.

BFP #1 9/7/12. Loved for a month, and lost 10/11/12.
    Antijenic Drift - my blog
  • imageL&R70707:
    imageDuckDad:

Ok, seriously...what off-board is punking us?  This is the 2nd one within 24hrs.  MUD

This.  And if this isn't MUD (doubtful) what is wrong with people, take a freaking test!

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • imageDuckDad:

Do you at least have health insurance for your other children?  Also, if this isn't MUD, have your wife take a home pregnancy test and then go to Planned Parenthood.  She can receive prenatal care there until you can get some health insurance.

• Does Planned Parenthood Do Ultrasounds and blood tests and all that? Like you normally would with a normal doctor?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"