3rd Trimester
Options

1cm dilated, 70% effaced. 36 week checkup

Today I had my 36 week check up and doctor says I am 1cm dilated and 70% effaced, I know that means she could come any time from now to the end of the month, she is due on October 29th, just curious If anyone is the same as me right now or has been and when did you go into labor after you found out? Also, she did say baby head is down and she could feel it.

Re: 1cm dilated, 70% effaced. 36 week checkup

• Options

I was 2 cm and 60% at 36 weeks... and I'm still pregnant 2.5 weeks later. My doctor could also feel the baby's head. 

Sorry, I don't think it really means that much! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With DS I was 1cm and 50% at 36w. At my 38w appt they stripped my membranes and I had him at 39w.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went well over a week at 1 cm.
  • Options
    It pretty much means nothing.
  • Options
    I'm due the same day, and already 2 cm and 80% effaced. My doc said I'd probably go before due date, but his crystal ball was in the shop on when exactly. :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I just wanted to see what it was like for other ladies..Guess to build some excitment or something, I know it doesn't mean much, but I can dream!
  • Options
    I have no idea what I was at 36 weeks last time, but I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced at 38 weeks, and 39 weeks, and 40 weeks.  I went into labor at 41 weeks on the nose. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks (and one day) and I have been 80% effaced for at least two weeks, and 1 cm for about 1.5 weeks. I'm at station -1 as of today, which my doctor said is the lowest he'll be before I go into real labor (woohoo!). She was pretty surprised too (I think she is expecting me to deliver super soon, but I don't think she's going to say that, because she doesn't want me to get my hopes up lol).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, this is one of those things where it could really mean something, or it could mean nothing at all. Great, isn't it?? :P At 38 weeks I was 1 cm and 50% effaced, and less than a week later I was 2 1/2 - 3 cm and 50% effaced. And baby's still in there at 39 weeks! Sometimes you can even progress (I've gone into early labor twice, only to have it stop abruptly) and that baby will STILL sit there. Oh, the fun of the waiting game! GL to you and hope that baby comes soon!
    image"Lilypie">Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I was 1 cm and 50% at 35 weeks, then 3 cm and 75% at 36 weeks. DS was born at 39 weeks exactly.

• Options
    At my 36 week appointment I found out I was 3 cm and 85% effaced. I was so excited and got mad when I read people say that it means nothing, lol. Turns out they were right. I went back yesterday and I'm still the same. I'm a little more effaced but still right at 3 cm. It's exciting to hear, but as far as labor progress, it means hardly anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm pretty much the same. 75% effaced and a "tight" 1cm dilated and my Dr. can feel Baby A's (one closest to the cervix) head "right there".

I'm being induced on the 17th but I'm hoping the babies will come on their own sometime later next week (37w is considered full term for twins according to my perinatologist and OB and they don't let twin moms go past 38 weeks as it's too risky on the placentas).

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekal1484:
    I'm due the same day, and already 2 cm and 80% effaced. My doc said I'd probably go before due date, but his crystal ball was in the shop on when exactly. :)
    Lol I love the part about the crystal ball!! Cracked me right up. My doc keeps saying I won't make it to my due date (Oct 31) but I guess we'll see.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"