Nurseries and Baby Gear

Car Seat / Stroller

Hello All!

I need advice. There are SO many car seat/strollers out there.. Any suggestions on what would be the best one to buy? Safetst choice, Most comfortable for me and baby..etc I definitly would like a stroller where the car seat clips into it.. Too many to choose from!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Car Seat / Stroller

• That is a lot easier if you give more info. what features do you need? Are you tall or is some one else also using the stroller tall? What will you do with it? Walk, run, sidewalks or uneven surfaces, do you deal with snow and ice? Is weight important, what about fitting it in your trunk? Price range?
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Well, I am about 5'3. The stroller would mainly be used for walking on a mixture of sidewalks and uneven surfaces depending on where I am at the time. I am in new England, so snow and ice is definitly a yes, but not sure that I will be out walking around much at all in the snow. Lightweight would be best and definitly something that can fold relatively small to fit in the car. I dont have a definite price range at this point, I have never bough a stroller so I don't have any idea how much I would need to spend to make sure I get something that is quality. I definitly do not want to be cheap about it and get something that was not worth it, or did not last, or is unsafe in any sense.. Hope this helps, I am overwhelmed!

I like this style below. but again there are so many different brands and strollers that look the same to me, but I have no idea what exactly I am looking at..

thank you!

• Loading the player...
  • A lot of people on here like the Britax B Agile stroller and the B safe carseat. The stroller is good quality and light weight and the car seat snaps right into it
    BFP 12/11/12 EDD 8/24/13 DD born 8/4/13
    BFP 11/30/14 EDD 8/13/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

beach
  • imagemegleighh:

Well, I am about 5'3. The stroller would mainly be used for walking on a mixture of sidewalks and uneven surfaces depending on where I am at the time. I am in new England, so snow and ice is definitly a yes, but not sure that I will be out walking around much at all in the snow. Lightweight would be best and definitly something that can fold relatively small to fit in the car. I dont have a definite price range at this point, I have never bough a stroller so I don't have any idea how much I would need to spend to make sure I get something that is quality. I definitly do not want to be cheap about it and get something that was not worth it, or did not last, or is unsafe in any sense.. Hope this helps, I am overwhelmed!

I like this style below. but again there are so many different brands and strollers that look the same to me, but I have no idea what exactly I am looking at..

thank you!

I too live in New England and my EDD is in 4 wks.  The carseat/stroller combo you listed is MOST definitely not lightweight.

What we're doing at this point is an infant carseat (Graco Snugride30) + a Graco snap n go.  This combo will most likely work for us for the next 6 months or so.  The snap n go will do just fine during the winter months b/c I don't foresee us walking outside too much (most of my neighbors don't shovel their sidewalks).

We won't buy a real stroller until next Spring - by then LO will be old enough to sit in regular strollers.  Since we live very close to a bike path, I'm leaning towards a City Mini.  It's one of the lightest weight stroller out there w/easy one-hand folding.  But again, we aren't buying it right now as I don't see the point of storing something for 6 months+.  Plus, I think I'll have a better idea of which style/type of strollers will fit our lifestyle after LO is here.

I highly recommend you stop by a baby store (Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us) to physically test-drive the various strollers.  Check out how they handle and how easy to fold/unfold, and how heavy they feel to you. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They all have to meet the same safety standards, so not sure that varies much.  We picked our seat & stroller based on how heavy it was, and ease of use.  I recommend you spend some time at baby stores testing them all out for what feels most comfortable.

I got the Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller and infant carseat duo (came together as a set from BRU), and then bought a Snap n Go.  The carseat snapped into both strollers.  I kept the SnG in my car trunk for errands and stuff (so light, easy to open, huge basket good for shopping).  I used the jogging stroller for neighborhood walks.  The big wheels made the ride MUCH smoother than those smaller wheels on regular strollers.  But I wouldn't jog with it, the front wheel is notoriously wobbly. She's been out of the infant seat for a long time and I still use the jogging stroller in the 'hood all the time.  That is a heavy beast though, I wouldn't be lugging that in & out of my car for errands.  I bought a lightweight umbrella stroller for that now.

Also, this was one of the least expensive set ups, as far as stroller sets go.  I work FT, so I knew DD wouldn't be spending gobs of time in that stuff and they outgrow it all so quickly, but I still would totally recommend it all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • According to your ticker you're expecting twins. Are you looking for a double or single?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • imageMouseInLux:
    According to your ticker you're expecting twins. Are you looking for a double or single?
     If you look at her siggy again, you will notice she just lost one of the twins :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imageLittleApple:
    imageMouseInLux:
    According to your ticker you're expecting twins. Are you looking for a double or single?
     If you look at her siggy again, you will notice she just lost one of the twins :(

Oops, I don't pay a huge amount of attention to the loss tickers. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Love, Love LOVE my Britax B-Ready stroller and the Chaperone seat that clips into it. My mom and all my girlfriends love it as well.

It's light, you can take the seat off of it when using the carseat. It has a huge basket, and it's easy to get in and out of my SUV.

I have a BOB as well and only use it when I'm exercising because I use the Britax for everything else. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • The Britax B-Agile and B-Safe car seat are a good combo.  It is lightweight, easy to fold, has fully reclining seat.

The City Mini with the car seat adaptor is another good combo, but the adaptor is something you have to buy separately. '

The new Baby Jogger City Versa is pretty awesome too.  It just came out.  I played with it today at Buy Buy Baby and fell in love.  It is super light, has a nice size basket, hand brake, good sun shade and it turns on a dime.  You have the option of turning the seat forward facing or facing you by clicking the seat in and out.  You also have to buy an adaptor for this stroller as well for car seat use. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imageblueandgray:

I recommend you spend some time at baby stores testing them all out for what feels most comfortable.

I am asking advice because I am on bed rest until I deliver, and don't have any opportunity to go out testing different strollers, which I woud love to do.. All this input is definitly helping though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"