2nd Trimester

Be still, my beating heart

Does anyone else sometimes feel like your heart is trying to pound its way out of your chest?? It's not beating any faster than normal, and it's not palpatating.  I just can feel my heart pounding in my chest and even throughout my stomach. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Be still, my beating heart

• I have this same thing too.  Honestly, my heart has always been a bit hard.  One of my best friends who is a nurse used to beg me in college all the time to practice taking blood pressure on my because she said mine was so easy to hear.  I'm not sure if they are related but sometimes I would swear my whole belly is pulsating with every heartbeat.  A couple times when I was really tired I thought it was the baby moving :) nope, just my heart beating.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes, you have more blood in your body now so your heart is working harder. You also have your abdominal aorta in the stomach area, so you can feel your heart beat through your stomach.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Yes!!! I'm a nervous person by nature and I typically have a faster heartbeat, but with this pregnancy, especially when I'm laying down and still, I can totally feel it :0( it bothers me!

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • I just said something to MH the other day about this. I swear at times to I can see my belly moving like a heart beat. 

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22