1st Trimester

Painful Pulling Sensation in Abdominal Region

Question for you ladies out there. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and started getting a sharp painful "pulling" type sensation in my lower to mid abdominal area the last couple of days. Usually while twisting or stretching in bed or Ben sometimes when laughing. Anyone else? Anyone know what this is?  I'm a little freaked out!

Re: Painful Pulling Sensation in Abdominal Region

• I've had that, it's usually round ligament pain. However if it is sharp stabbing pain, you should get it checked out to make sure it's not ectopic. (I've had that too). The two pains are different, but it's worth checking it out.

I really hope it's round ligament pain. Good luck and hugs.

• Sounds like round ligament to me too. I had it that early as well. 
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • It could also be a cyst on the corpus luteum, making your ovary that you ovulated from very tender.  I've had this both pregnancies and they have gone away by themselves after a few months.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes I had that along with lower back pain. I was really nervous about it and my doctor had me come in for an ultrasound and everything looked perfect. It's hard but try not to worry unless you have bleeding.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sounds like round ligament pain, I had it on Sunday while I was wearing DD in her sling at the zoo. I laughed and thank god we were with a bunch of friends because I got it on both sides simultaneously and had to get DD off immediately! I was in tears and felt like I was going to throw up.

If you're worried or it seems excessively sharp and localized I would go get it checked out asap! I hope everything is okay :)

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yes, I have it now and had it with both of my previous pregnancies. It's likely just everything beginning to loosen and stretch. Someone mentioned ectopic pain ? I think that would be crippling, not just occasional discomfort associated with movement.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker