TTC After a Loss

Clear Blue Fertility Monitor

Has anyone used the Clearblue Easy fertility monitor with any luck? After using OPK's for several months (which can be difficult to interpret the little line), I found this monitor on Amazon and decided to give it a try after reading great reviews. I'm on my first cycle of using it so we will see what happens........

Re: Clear Blue Fertility Monitor

• Never tried it. Let us know what you think!
    Me-"JB"(26) DH(29)
    Married since 2008 with 1 precious furbaby.

Mis-dx with PCOS & Hypothyroidism. New Dx= Hypoandrenia & hormone imbalance
    BFP #1 on 3rd round of Clomid (50mg).
  • Will do! Like it so far. It was pricey ($130 on Amazon), but I figure it will pay for itself if you add up the cost of all the OPK's. The monitor actually detects your increase in estrogen which occurs BEFORE your LH surge, thus giving you a bigger fertile window (4-6 days). So it actually learns your cycle and tells you low fertility days, high fertility days, and peak fertility days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first month using it. I have gotten 7 high days but no peak day. I have heard this is not unusal with your first cycle. Often you dont get a peak day until the 2 or 3 one. It also says it will narrow down the days you need to test and your high days after it learns your cycle. So dont get frustrated if you dont get a peak day and have to test more on the first month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am on my first cycle of using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor too.  I am CD 12 so hoping it shows ovulation soon.  I am not trying this month since we where told to wait two cycle after m/c in august.  I know you aren't suppose to look at the sticks after you take them out but of course I can't help myself.  Hopefully we will all have luck with it.  I am also doing the cheapie OPKs with it just to double check how it is working.  I am slightly concerned that it went to high on CD 8 and I don't normally ovulate til CD 15 or 17.
    TTC since May 2011
    M/C #1 Chemical Pregnancy Aug 2011
    M/C #2 Blighted Ovum Feb 2012
    M/C #3 Missed Miscarriage after HB Aug 2012
    BFP #4 1/12/13 EDD: 9/26/13 Betas 12DPO: 45, 14DPO: 156, 19DPO: 904, 21DPO: 1,972, 26DPO: 12,230, 28DPO: 22,017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm on my 2nd cycle of using it and so far I like it. It gives me a nice heads up of when I am starting to opk and I like that it measures more than just your LH surge. I don't like that its just another expense to add to TTC but I'm glad I am using it.
    MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • I have been using it for a while and we have a love/hate relationship.  Mostly love, but it does cause me some anxiety when I see low's or high's longer than I expect to. 
    BFP #1- 12/3/09, EDD- 8/7/10, Missed M/C at 8 weeks & D&C- 1/5/10, BFP #2- July 2010, Baby Charlie Born March 29, 2011, BFP #3- 4/12/12- EDD- 12/21/12, Missed M/C at 10 1/2 weeks 5/29/12, D&C 6/1/12- testing results showed triploidy, IF testing all normal, February 2013- IUI#1, femara, follistim, trigger =BFN, March 2013- IUI#2, femara, follistim, trigger= BFP #4, 3/20/12, Beta#1 16dpo= 397, Beta #2 18dpo= 1037, Beta#3 24dpo= 11,589- EDD 11/30/13- It's a Girl!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used it for a year+, but gave it up when we moved on to IUI.   It worked well, but it takes a few months to get to know your cycles. 

A few tips to save on sticks: It is also programmed to request tests in batches of 10, so if you do not get peak readings within 10 days, it will request another batch of ten.  It is programmed to give you 2 peak readings, then 1 high, and finally low.  Once you get the 1st peak reading, there is no additional need to test.  Also, if you know the approximate window when you normally O, then you can adjust when to start testing.  Mine always prompted me to start testing at cd6, but I would never ovulate until cd16 or later, so I would wait to start testing until cd10. 

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • Wanted to post an update- After 2 miscarriages and almost a year and a half of trying to start a family, my clear blue easy fertility monitor worked on the first month! We are now 8 weeks 3 days, and all was good so far on the first sonogram. Praying everything continues to go well. But this monitor is definitely worth the money!
  • I'm happy the monitor worked for you.  You're new... so maybe you didn't take the time to read the rules.  Giving you the benefit of the doubt, digging up an old post just to let everyone know about your BFP = not a good idea.  If you decide to stick around and start posting, PGAL is the place for you.  AutomobileAutomobile
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageBethelgal42:

imageBethelgal42:
    imageZAngel:
    I'm happy the monitor worked for you.nbsp; You're new... so maybe you didn't take the time to read the rules.nbsp; Giving you the benefit of the doubt, digging up an old post just to let everyone know about your BFP = not a good idea.nbsp; If you decide to stick around and start posting, PGAL is the place for you.nbsp; AutomobileAutomobile
    I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she came back and updated because above she was asked to let them know how it worked. Congrats, but Pgal really is a more appropriate place for this update.

Ok, maybe I'll retract my benefit of the doubt.  She posted the question at the beginning of October and now she is saying she is 8 weeks pregnant, so she was undoubtedly pregnant when she asked the question. Confused

I was bothered by the fact that she completely ignored the PP who said they had been using it for awhile - even if she was just providing an "update" it was completely insensitive to those who had responded.  

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"