1st Trimester
Options

Overwhelmed/Vent

I've been going through a lot of emotions. Good, bad, excited, scared, worried, you name it. I try to control and keep myself busy so I won't have to think about it. But typical me....it just keeps coming back.

My oldest just turned 7 this pass Monday. I went through a lot with him(trying to graduate college, relationship was on a rollacoster, trying to move, etc). I'm slightly nervous because I'm in a similar situation now.  I got laid off a over a year ago and I have been fighting in the job market(education) trying to restart my career. My husband just went back to work after almost a year being off from 2 knee surgery's. Not to mention that his job is almost two hours away from where we currently live. Although this pregnancy was not planned,  I always wanted to have another baby(hopefully it will be a girl), but with all we have going on at this time makes me really uncomfortable. I'm really worried about how my parents will take it. They made it very clear that I DIDN'T need another child until we got ourselves situated again. Yes, I'm a grown women who still values what her parents say. I'm not sure how to tell them...because I know they will have a million questions to ask and in all honesty my husband and I haven't quite figured out what we think would be best for us (as far as moving, finances, etc.) At this point it is really a bittersweet moment. But I truly feel blessed to bring another life into this world!

Sorry so Long! Your non judgmental advice is welcomed!

Married: Decemb
er 19, 2009

Re: Overwhelmed/Vent

• Options
    Life is always chaotic. Good for you for focusing on this blessing.  Hopefully, your family will be able to see that, too.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm hoping so, it will take a lot of pressure off of me!

er 19, 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is never a "perfect time" to have a baby.  At least you've been there before and know what to expect.   Sit down with your H, figure out some sort of plan and confidently tell your parents you are expecting.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKissimi21:
    There is never a "perfect time" to have a baby.  At least you've been there before and know what to expect. 

I'm starting to realize that! Who's to say that if I planned my pregnancy it would have even happened for me. Thanks for opening my eyes to that. I think I still know how to care for a baby....7 years was a long time ago..lol

er 19, 2009
  • Options

"At the end of the day the person that you have to live with is you."

Now, this does not mean that your family does not matter. FAR FROM IT. What this does mean imho is that YOU are the one experiencing your life right now. You are the one who has to deal with your decisions and knows whats best for YOU. Your parents will always think they know what's best but sometimes that just not true.

If you are happy with yourself and your situation at the end of the day that's all that matters. No one else can give you that.

Congrats on being pregnant again!

Worldly crap will work itself out. It always does one way or another, even if it's not what you would have planned initially. What matters most right now is staying calm, and strong, and knowing that you are doing the best that you can. There is absolutely no reason for you to feel any sort of negative emotion about being pregnant again, regardless of finances. Money is not the Almighty green god and it shouldn't control your family. That's my rant in return 

• Options
    Thanks for advice!

er 19, 2009
  • Options

There is never a "right" time to expand your family.  DH & I were surprised by our BFP.  Our DS is 5 and we thought we were done (we had some infertility issues and doctors told us if we had one child we would be lucky).  I was worried about telling my mom too but for different reasons.  I knew she wouldn't be positive about it because she is worried how it will affect her (she currently lives with me & DH-it is a LONG story).

Remember this is you and your hubby's family unit.  Take time to make decisions and remember it is OK not to have all the answers right now.

Congrats in your new little one! 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks..... All of you ladies have been great help. I am going to talk to my DH this afternoon and we are going to come up with a plan to tell my parents!

er 19, 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"