February 2013 Moms
Options

And the naming process begins!

We have FINALLY started to talk names! DH didn't want to go there until we found out what we are having. When we were pregnant w/ DD, "Haley" was my original top choice for a girl. However, we came across the name "Rylee" and fell in love with it instantly! We still loved "Haley", but we knew "Rylee" was DD's name. We figured we could name another girl "Haley" if it suited her. 

Well, here we are expecting DD#2 and Haley is at the top of our list again. However, I'm hearing mixed thoughts from people saying the names sound too much alike. Plus, DH and I want to put more thought into her name than to just go with our default name from her older sister.  However, so far it's the only one that flows off the tongue easily for us. We also have "Katelyn/Catelyn" (either spelling) and "Avery" on the list (and are still open to other names). We will likely choose a middle name after we've chosen her first name, but so far I have thought of "Nicole" (one of my 2 middle names) and "Kathleen" (obviously wouldn't be used w/ Katelyn, but it was DH's mom's name). 

It won't change my mind on anything (not that my mind is even close to made up...I'm so lost this time around), but do y'all have any thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions on what might sound good as a sibling name next to "Rylee"? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34

Re: And the naming process begins!

• Options
    I kind of like Rylee and Hailey together. Smile
  • Options

I'm not sure about your baby's cohort, but as a teacher can I just say haley is a TREMENDOUSLY common name. They are also spelled like 4 different ways. Now as a teacher, it is whatever, but I grew up with a tremendously popular name. There was actually someone at my very small college with the exact same name as I. Now, I have married a man and changed my last name to a very common last name. Sad Anyway, I would not personally use Hayley only because I didn't like having such a common first name and I'm trying to avoid that for my child. If you really like it I see no problem with it.

That saying, I have only had one female Avery ever and she is a fantastic kid, so I am a fan of that because it isn't super common and I have no negative associations with it. 

Also, my name has two general spellings. People are always misspelling my name! Even my grandfather would buy me things with the wrong spelling on it. Ugh! I also like Avery for the reason that that is how you spell it, where I have had caitlyns kaitlyns, katelyn, etc. and haleigh, hayley, hailey, etc. 

So in summation, If I had a vote, I would vote Avery in that it has one spelling and is not too common and it reminds me of an awesome student as opposed to some names that are automatically off my list because I had terrible students with that name.

Or you could always do what my dad did: decide after the birth for my bro. He was going to be an Eric, but when my dad way him he changed the name so it suited him. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think Haley and Rylee go good together, but Haley is just NMS.

And to add to PP, I'm Stacy, not Stacey, and for 27 (going on 28) years...I deal with people misspelling my name and it irks me to no end. While I love my name because it's not super common, especially now, it would have been cool to have a name that was only spelled one way.

Although nowadays, people come up with all kinds of new spellings for names, so maybe this is really unavoidable.

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Stacy has read 24 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • Options
    I like Avery.  I am not a fan of Haley, but I do not think that it sounds bad with your other daughter's name.  Good luck deciding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"