I've posted a little on the pregnant over 35 board (due in January) but I also have a 2 and a half (33 months to be exact) year old who we need to potty train.
I'm at the paralysis by analysis stage ... I'm a reader and have read way too much on potty training, now just feeling more confused! Practical advice please!!
Poor little guy has had a lot of changes w/ more coming but we've kind of got our hands tied w/ preschool coming up.
- 33 month old boy
- Moved from overseas 1 month ago
- Also transitioned to big boy bed when we moved
- AND I'm 25 weeks prego
- He starts preschool in 3 months, a week before the baby is due ( they have no space for him to start now in the 2 yo class that helps potty train, he'll turn 3 Dec 22) They REQUIRE him to be potty trained
- We know he'll probably regress after baby arrives but need to get it started for school ... I foresee sending him w/ many changes of clothes.
- He will pee in the potty at daycare (he only goes to daycare once a week right now) and he will pee randomly at home .... Basically when he's in the mood, says no a lot when we ask.
- He only wears pull-ups and can kind of pull them on and off himself
Soooo, I'm looking to step this up. We're considering the 'do it in a weekend / day' sort of idea ... I don't think he'll do the potty doll thing and we don't want to do the 100% naked thing. My only ideas from girlfriends are 1) take him to pick out his own potty seat & undies or training pants 2) Stay home with him for a weekend and ask him a lot if he has to go 3) hopefully he does to like the feeling of wet pants and will start going potty instead of accidents and 4) give one small treat when he goes potty ....
Do we go straight to undies and never look back? Or undies @ home, pull-ups in public / at night?
I know i'm over thinking it ( that's what I do best) so any simple, practical advice or encouragement is very welcome!