March 2013 Moms

STM's- crib tent

I was reading through the post about bumpers and noticed not 1 person mentioned a crib tent.  Am I the only person that uses one?  LOL  Just wondered if there were any other crib tent users out there.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STM's- crib tent

• They have stopped selling them since I don't think they're considered safe.  A friend of mine had a childproofing expert come to her house and he recommended not to use them.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I've been around lots of kiddos but I've never heard of this.  What is it??
  • Loading the player...
  • We were debating getting one but I think we might just try and see how DS does switching to a toddler bed. Honestly, if he wasnt tube fed overnight (and hooked up to a pump mounted on the wall) then I would be less concerned about switching to a toddler bed but I worry that he will try and get out of bed and pull his tubing...I know lots of people that use them. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have never used one, or thought there was any need.  I have 3 kids.
  • We never used a crib tent with DD.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • I was not ready to transition DS to his toddler bed when he learned to climb out of his crib.  However I did not like the idea of the crib tent so we moved him to his toddler bed.  It has worked fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS has had a crib tent since birth to keep the cats out of his bed.  We never even zipped it up until he was older.  We just moved him to his toddler bed a few weeks ago but intend to leave the crib tent where it is for this LO.

For the PP that asked, a crib tent is mesh that covers the entire crib.  The picture below is the exact one we use but is not my kid or crib LOL

• Never used one. DD did fine when she transitioned to a toddler bed.
  • Dh wanted one to keep he cats out but we got a high gate and just keep dds door closed at night
  • When he climbs out, we'll move him to a big bed.
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well crap.... the recall would have been nice to know about.  My kid has been in the thing for 20 mos.  luckily with no issue and now he's in a big boy bed.  Guess maybe I won't use it for my next kid and take my chances with the cat claws.   Well I'm glad I asked yall about crib tents but now I feel like an epic mom failure.
  • None here, and you're the first person I've heard uses one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 9-20-2010 EDD: 5-25-2011 DD #1 born: 5-23-2011
    BFP #2: 6-14-2012 EDD: 2-15-2013 MC: 6-19-2012 5w5d
    BFP #3: 7-18-2012 EDD: 3-26-2012

• Yeah, no crib tent for us either. Once DD started crawling out of the crib, we just switched her to a toddler bed. I was afraid she's take the crib tent as a challenge...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"