October 2012 Moms

STM's - Belly reduction right after labor?

How much can I expect my belly to shrink right after LO is born?  I assume it will just get pretty squishy.....does it actually get a little smaller right away?

I bought a button down night shirt for easy access BF-ing and crotch checks at the hospital and it currently doesn't button over my belly.....wondering if I should just go get the next size up.

TIA!! 

BFP #1 11/2009 natural m/c 1/2010 10 wks
BFP #2 1/27/2012 He's here!! 

Re: STM's - Belly reduction right after labor?

• I looked about 5-6 months pg when I left the hospital after DS was born.  You'll definitely be smaller than you are now, and if it's close to buttoning, you'll be OK.  Especially since you probably won't change into your own clothes until after you've gotten to get up & shower & stuff. 

Dx PCOS/anovulation 09/09

TTC #1 - success on cycle #3 of clomid/ovidrel trigger/TI

Little sister is here!

• I probably looked 6 months pregnant...here is a pic from when A is 5 days old. You can see I still had a pretty sizable belly...

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Your uterus drops to about your belly button right after delivery, so about 5-6 months like PP said.  I wore nursing tank tops in the hospital afterwards - gave me support and I didn't have to wear a nursing bra. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine went down to about the size of my six-month belly.  I wore my maternity sweat pants, a nursing tank, and a zipper hoodie home.

Here's a pic about four days after birth (sorry if it's a crazy size, it's been awhile since I've tried to do a PIP)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image jillybean800:

I probably looked 6 months pregnant...here is a pic from when A is 5 days old. You can see I still had a pretty sizable belly...

I love this picture you guys look so cute, and only because I am Christmas freak I love your tree..so pretty.

OP my sister was one of those annoying people who had a completely flat stomach when she got home from the hospital (with all 3 babies). Ugh I only say that cause I am jealous and it probably won't happen to me. 

• image ChrisG83:
    image jillybean800:

I probably looked 6 months pregnant...here is a pic from when A is 5 days old. You can see I still had a pretty sizable belly...

I love this picture you guys look so cute, and only because I am Christmas freak I love your tree..so pretty.

OP my sister was one of those annoying people who had a completely flat stomach when she got home from the hospital (with all 3 babies). Ugh I only say that cause I am jealous and it probably won't happen to me. 

Aw thanks :).  This is actually Christmas Eve. It made me tear up a bit thinking about him being that small and getting to do that all again! 

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards