September 2012 Moms

C-section moms, incision poll of sorts

What's your incision looking like? How's it feel?

Mine is doing well, the right corner is scabbing/falling off/weeping and repeating. OB says its normal and that's what takes the longest to heal up. The area around my incision feels sort of numb, also told this is normal and it takes awhile for the nerves to all come back to life...

How's everyone doing? And those who haven't had their RCS yet, feel free to chime in on what yours was and is like!

Resolution Tip: Hurry! Eat as much   food as you can right now so you'll have more to lose once the New Year arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-section moms, incision poll of sorts

• Mine opened up in a few spots after they removed the staples. I had steri strips on until yesterday and it seems to have closed up. It's weepy in one spot, but I'm using hydrogen peroxide daily to clean it. It's finally feeling better and oddly doesn't feel numb/itchy like it did last time.
  • Mine hasn't opened up at all, but it is definitely starting to feel itchy. I am more annoyed by the numbness still. My pain is gone except for when I sneeze...I dread it!

• I am 3 weeks pp and my incision is barely noticeable, which is shocking. I get a twinge on the right corner of my incision every once and a while, usually after I've gotten up after sleeping or laying down. I finally feel back to my old self and have started walking for exercise without any pain. It's still totally numb from my incision to about 1/2 inch above it, but the doc said it would take at least 6 months for those nerves to grow back. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine is doing great. They took the staples out my last night in the hospital. My doc took the stri strips off at my 2 week check up. She told me I looked like I was 6 weeks out instead of 2. The swelling has gone down, but I do still have a numb area above the incision which I was told was normal. And I'm back in pre pregnancy jeans today!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine is doing great!! itchy, but all closed up. DH says its only slightly darker than my scar from my last two was!!
    Anyone have the lovely fat flap hanging over their incision??
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage image
  • I've been having a hell of a time recovering from my c/s. I'm 3 wks PP tomorrow. Some days I still feel like I just came home from the hospital. I developed a huge hematoma under my incision. Basically, a collection of blood that ruptured last week. My doctor drained the blood but left the incision open because the hollow space will continue to fill up with blood until it heals. So, I'm having a nurse come to my home every day to change the dressing/gauze inside my incision until it closes up. This may take weeks. Lovely.

Photobucket
  • Had my section 10 days ago and today is the first day it wasn't sore at all. It's still really sensitive so I am wearing giant granny panties and yoga pants pulled up to my bellybutton. It's still numb up to my bellybutton area and I have a giant fat roll hanging over it, but recovery-wise, I have been happy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I'm with you ericaluna and lovelosshoperepeat. My recovery has been slow. The incision got infected and I have been treating it with antibiotics and just putting pads on it for the drainage. The doc said if the antibiotics didn't work she would have to reopen the incision and we would have to pack it daily until it healed. I thought I was going to do so much on maternity leave but now anytime I do even the smallest thing my stomach hurts for the rest of the night and it is hard to take Percocet at night when I have to get up with lo since hubby is back at work.
  • I'm doing better than I thought I would be. I'm almost 4 weeks pp, and the only pain I really have is on my right side when I do too much or get up from sitting/laying the wrong way.  The incision itself is still numb, which I don't remember from last time, but the doctor insists it'll go away. 
    Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • Tomorrow is one week post surgery and I'm doing great overall, but haven't really investigated the incision so much yet. It's burning a bit on the right edge when I move certain ways, but overall I'm thrilled with how things are going. I'm allergic to all pain meds, so I didn't get morphine in my spinal and I've only been on ibuprofen for the whole shebang. Hopefully I'll be off that in a few more days.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My incision is itchy and I have a lot of lumpy hardness around the incision.  I'm not sure if this is normal and should probably call my doctor about it.  It's so lumpy that the scar is not straight anymore.  Does that sound abnormal?
  • image LoveLossHopeRepeat:

image Kikabell:
    I'm with you ericaluna and lovelosshoperepeat. My recovery has been slow. The incision got infected and I have been treating it with antibiotics and just putting pads on it for the drainage. The doc said if the antibiotics didn't work she would have to reopen the incision and we would have to pack it daily until it healed. I thought I was going to do so much on maternity leave but now anytime I do even the smallest thing my stomach hurts for the rest of the night and it is hard to take Percocet at night when I have to get up with lo since hubby is back at work.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with an infection! I hope the antibiotics clear it up and you don't have to go through having the wound re-opened and packed. Best of luck, hon! 

Bummer! We have to have patience ladies! I'm really hopeful Ill get better soon, which is what's helping me get through this. The other thing that's helping me have a good attitude about this is that my LO is healthy and Ill give anything for that. But I can't wait to feel better so I can enjoy her more!

Take care and hugs;

Photobucket
  • image jfor5367:
    Mine is doing great!! itchy, but all closed up. DH says its only slightly darker than my scar from my last two was!!
    Anyone have the lovely fat flap hanging over their incision??

Yes. It is so gross. Any sweat collects there and smells like ass. I keep wiping it with a pampers wipe to keep the nasty smell at bay.

This time around, recovery was a breeze. I can even cough without feeling like in going to be split in half.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• The numbness may never go away. I had my c-sect 4.5 years ago and there is still very little feeling surrounding the incision site. Doc said that's totally normal.
  • image Lauren&Matt12:
    The numbness may never go away. I had my c-sect 4.5 years ago and there is still very little feeling surrounding the incision site. Doc said that's totally normal.
    this
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards