3rd Trimester

Every Natural Option...

Im 38wks 5 days and today starts every natural labor inducing option Im willing to try. EPO 2x daily + 1 vaginally at night. & red raspberry leaf tea. Got a recipe for the Scalini Family Restaurants Eggplant Parmesan and Im scrubbing this house top to bottom. Husband is in GA until Oct 4th at least so sex is out. Any other ideas? Throw them this way! Im vbac so I have a limited amount of time to do this on my own and I would really love no to have a r-c/s! Can't do the Cator oil....that idea just isn't for me! TIA!

Re: Every Natural Option...

• Rubbing in your Achilles Tendon area will spur contractions, but they won't take off unless baby is on board. As with all of the methods though, none will work if your body isn't ready.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image persephonerose:
    Nipple stimulation?

I heard that pumping 5 minutes then 10 minute break then 5 minutes pumping, and so on will work. I have never tried it but I am sure it does work. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Walk a lot and take Evening Primrose Oil!

Supposedly eating unripe papaya stimulates contractions as well. 

• Get a pedicure? Reflexology and what not. I've no first hand experience but I've heard it can work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Accupressure or accupuncture. And the second H gets home, tie his a$$ to the bed. I also heard pineapple and watermelon, but you have to eat like, 6 whole watermelons...
  • image delaine0821:
    Rubbing in your Achilles Tendon area will spur contractions, but they won't take off unless baby is on board. As with all of the methods though, none will work if your body isn't ready.

Totally - we did this on both feet on either side of my Achilles Tendon + the fatty tissue are between your thumb and first finger, when I was 40wks 4 days.  I did it really vigorously until I couldn't stand the pain any longer (like I did it for at least 15 minutes), and then the contractions started a couple of hours later.  Only thing was that they did die down 12-18 hours later, so we tried it again and finally gave it it a rest.  Then, in another 12-18 hours, I think labour started on it's own.

I wouldn't do this method unless you're prepared to potentially go to the hospital without DH, so wait until he gets back on the 4th.

Hang in there - sometimes that extra few days (or week up to 40) is great for baby - the extra cooking/baking time helps to make sure that things are finished off, and gives baby that extra boost, even though it's frustrating for us.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH isn't going to make it regardless. They'll induce before the 4th...thanks for the ideas! We have about 36 more hours to wait before I declare the eggplant parm a failure (they give themselves a 48 hour window). 
  • exercise, squats, nipple stimulation and eat spicey food
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Lauren&Matt12:
    DH isn't going to make it regardless. They'll induce before the 4th...thanks for the ideas! We have about 36 more hours to wait before I declare the eggplant parm a failure (they give themselves a 48 hour window). 

I did scalinis egg plant last pg. my mom made it for me thurs night for dinner, I ate it again fri for lunch, sat night at 10 pm my water broke! Could certainly be coincidence, but I thought it was pretty funny :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My moms friend is a nurses practitioner and she swears by nipple stimulation. She told me it popped out her two kids. Also, I heard from a friend, that she dusted her whole house, and was sneezing a lot (sneezes contract all the muscles in your body) and once she was done dusting and sneezing, her uterus was "still sneezing" and thats what started her labor.