Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

my 12 month old slaps...HELP

my son slaps people mostly when he is excited...he does it playfully and not at all on purpose but we have tried telling him "no, no" and showing him how to do "nice" but he does it anyway. We've tried putting him down when it happens while we're holding him but nothing seems to make him stop. Idon't want him to do it to others. Any suggestions on how to get him to stop?

Re: my 12 month old slaps...HELP

• Its a phase....DS is going through that same phase right now, and he gets a time out when he hits. DS is 20 months and it seems to be pretty effective.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • At 12 months, I would ignore it. He is not going to understand a punishment, and he might just be doing it for the reaction.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • DD went through this briefly too. She stopped on her own pretty quickly. I honestly think for her it was just an inability to control her excitement and flailing around a little.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks. I feel like he doesn't quite understand yet and I know he doesn't do it on purpose. I have read sometimes the best thing is not to react bc that will just show him to do it more....I will try to let it pass on it's own.