Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleep Lady Shuffle

Hi Ladies,

I also posted this on the attachment parenting board. 

Anyone have experience with this sleep training method?  My 6 month old DD's sleep has been terrible the past month.  It takes about 40 minutes to an hour just to get her down at night and she is up 2 or 3 times a night.  I wouldn't mind her getting up at night but it takes about 40minutes to an hour to put her back down.  I often take her into my bed when I am just so exhausted but we actually all sleep much better when she is in her crib.  When I bring her into bed with me she will comfort suck all night long.  She was sleeping through the night and I don't know what happened.  I don't mind feeding her in the middle of the night but many times she just wants to comfort suck.  She has zero self soothing skills and although I am a fairly patient person I am starting to get very frustrated.  She has never napped well and she spends most of her day very overtired.

I know Ferber is very popular but I don't think it would work for her.  I think the check ins with no pick ups would just frustrate her even more  I want to choose the most gentle method possible.  I read the sleep lady shuffle and I think it may work.  Has anyone tried it?  How old was your LO and how long before you saw results?  I also read No Cry Sleep Solution but honestly, I didn't really like it.  I mean she has some good ideas but she doesn't really offer a concrete plan.  I'm the type of person that needs a step by step approach.

Thanks Ladies! 

Re: Sleep Lady Shuffle

• This method is totally new to me. Haven't heard of it until recently. I say do whatever works for your LO. If you think letting her CIO won't work, then give this a shot. I definitely think you need to break her of the comfort sucking she does all night long. That must be exhausting for you and won't help her to be independent later on! At least you can realize that she's just doing it for comfort and not because she truly is hungry. I know it's hard not to give them that comfort they seem to need but it will be so much better for your LO if you can break her of the habit and get her sleeping in her own bed. Good luck!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker