2nd Trimester

27 weeks and still very little bump at times

I just need to vent.  I feel like I am strange because I am not showing more.  People keep saying, "Wow you can barely tell your pregnant!"  Is it just me or do other people have the same issue.  I am carrying lower so maybe that has something to do with it.  Just am wondering!!!

Re: 27 weeks and still very little bump at times

• I get it a lot too - I've only put on 5 lbs to pre-pregnancy weight (3lbs based on my weight at 12 week check in). People are constantly commenting on how "small" my bump is.  But then you have the other people who comment that you're oh so "fat" and "HUGE".  I feel like I'm an appropriate size for someone who is active and eats healthy and my response is always "I blessed to be carrying so well and the baby is growing great".

Don't let it get to you - as long as your LO is growing fine, don't stress about how big or little your bump may be.  One thing I've learned is that every woman carries differently. 

• Me, too!  Not much of a bump at 26 weeks.  :-S  I have mixed emotions about it.  I was kind of looking forward to that "bumpiness," but as others have pointed out to me, less of a bump also means less stretch marks and a bit less discomfort.  I'll take those for now.  :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This sounds like a strange question but are you wearing maternity pants? If not, give that a shot... the full panel ones. When I wear regular pants or the lower maternity jeans, they cut off my tummy and just make me look fat. When I wear the full panel maternity jeans... instand round bump! You can definitely telll I'm pregnant then!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageareadinger:
    This sounds like a strange question but are you wearing maternity pants? If not, give that a shot... the full panel ones. When I wear regular pants or the lower maternity jeans, they cut off my tummy and just make me look fat. When I wear the full panel maternity jeans... instand round bump! You can definitely telll I'm pregnant then!

Yes  Not that I can fit into my old jeans now but when I was first starting to show my pre-pregnancy jeans just made me look like I had a muffin top! The maternity although less flattering in the behind, were definitely more flattering in the belly. & the belly is cute but it definitely comes with it's own discomforts (not that I would trade a single one of them Smile )

Also: Just wanted to throw this in : some people don't show as much as others the whole time, just look at the women on "I didn't know I was pregnant" Wink

Pregnancy Ticker

• So, when I'm sitting or laying down, my bump pretty much goes away. However my mother told me today that for 21 weeks, my belly is HUGE. I've only gained 2 lbs....wonder if I'll be tipping the scale this visit :( 

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • This is my second, but I have only gained 6 pounds, and my bump is ginormous. In fact, I spent about 20 minutes staring at my belly profile last night in disbelief -- it looks even bigger when I'm naked.

Everyone is different. Like PP said, as long as the baby is growing, you are feeling daily movement, etc., I would not worry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (Lurking from 3rd tri)

I'm 35 weeks, and only really showing now. I'm lucky because I'm tall. I was also looking forward to rocking a bump all along, but I think the smaller tummy definitely has its advantages, and I've had a mostly comfortable pregnancy so far. 

• With my first, I was much bigger and obvious by now.  But I carried her really high.  My 2nd pregnancy ended at 14 weeks, and I swear I was bigger with that one too.  This is my 3rd pregnancy within 2 years, so I am carrying really low, so I think that has a lot to do with it.  Depending on what I am wearing, you can't really tell I am pregnant. 
  • i know exactly how you feel. i am 25 weeks with my first LO, a boy, and i am carrying really low. people always tell me "but you're so small!". i even went on here and asked people the same thing you have! if your baby is looking good and your doctor doesn't say anything, then don't worry. :)

btw, are you having a boy? or do you know yet? just wondering! 

Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"