Toddlers: 24 Months+

Toddler Magazines

Thinking about a magazine subscription for my 2 year old....any ideas?

Any experience, Is that to young, should i wait? 

Re: Toddler Magazines

• Maybe it's just my ds, but even at 3, he wouldn't sit down and read a magazine.  Are you talking like a subscription for a Nook or Kindle, or do you mean an actual hard copy magazine?  I think 2 might be a bit too young.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShayna0182:
    Maybe it's just my ds, but even at 3, he wouldn't sit down and read a magazine.  Are you talking like a subscription for a Nook or Kindle, or do you mean an actual hard copy magazine?  I think 2 might be a bit too young.

an actual magazine, a few people said animal baby but i was thinking its too young also....wanted to pick brains :)

• Loading the player...
  • National Geographic Little Kids is pretty good for small children. 
    <Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>
  • Highlights has a magazine for ages 2-5 (maybe its 6) it's called High Five. I've been debating about it for dd, and figure if she's not into it now, I can always save it for another year.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My parents got B a subscription to Babybug for his 1st birthday.  On the one hand, he is young, but on the other hand we read it together just like we do with books.  I like it because it's printed on fairly sturdy paper so it travels well. I can toss one of the issues in the bag to take as a distraction when we go out to dinner and we rotate another issue in the car for car ride distractions.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • We got animal baby for their 2nd bday and I wouldn't say they really 'got' it until 2 1/2 ish. It is cute but very short.  By 3 they definitely get it and enjoy looking at it, reading it, there are some little puzzle type things, nothing is above their heads at all...I have been debating high five also since the animal baby subscription is up...
  • DD has been getting Animal Baby since a little before turning 2 and started getting High Five when she turned 2 they were both gifts. She loves them, but books/reading is pretty much her favorite thing and she never had a problem sitting through them. Some of the content in High Five is a little advanced for her, but still fun. For example, she's not very good at the Hidden Pictures, but we can still find some together or just talk about the picture.
  • My DD just started getting High Five a couple of months ago and she loves it.  She gets very excited about getting mail and enjoys reading it with us.  As someone else said, some of the content is a little advanced, but she still enjoys it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD loves Zootles, which is the Zoobooks magazine for her age range. They have one for 2 year olds, but I forget what it's called. Go to the Zoobooks web site, and they'll have more info. 

• My DD gets the High Five from Highlights. My dad bought her the subscription. She loves it. I keep it on the kitchen table and we read it to her during meals. If your child enjoys books then get the subscription. If your child isn't interested in reading book then don't waste your money. It's not for everyone at this age.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"