Attachment Parenting
Options

Pooping in the potty.

My 2 year old has become very good about going pee in the potty.  She'll have maybe 2-3 accidents a week.  However, she flat refuses to go poop in the potty.  It's really frustrating and I catch myself lecturing her after her pooping 5-6 times a day.  Does anybody have any good suggestions for helping her learn to poop on the potty?  I have tried offering incentives for doing it, but she doesn't care about that.  I'm at my wits' end about it.  We are going on vacation next month and she almost never talks about going poop when she does.  I don't want her sitting in poop for 2-3 hours while we're driving before we hit a rest stop or something.  What's really tough is she'll sit on the potty and pee, and then will poop her pull-up within ten minutes of getting off the potty.  Please help!!

Re: Pooping in the potty.

• Options

Personally, if my child couldn't be easily bribed to poop in the potty, I'd go back to diapers. I don't think it's worth battling with a child over potty training. If you do it when they're ready to do it, the process is a whole lot easier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine did that for a few weeks. He was in undies he's in montessori and they're strict no pull ups and had a few pee and poo accidents at first. Then he was 90 success w pee, but would ask for a pull up to poo. We obliged and he would poo and I would put him back in undies after he pooped. After a few weeks he started pooping in the toilet all by himself. Give it time. Btw, he just turned 3 and the poop in the potty just started 2 weeks ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried putting the poop on the potty from the diaper and then doing a poop ceremony to flush it away?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options

imageMouseInLux:
    Have you tried putting the poop on the potty from the diaper and then doing a poop ceremony to flush it away?
    hah I love this idea.

We do EC but when my son won't poop i nthe potty and I know he's holding it and would rather poop in a diaper, I just keep his diaper off.  He'll eventually go hide somewhere and poop in private or he'll go on his potty when he cant hold it anymore. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stop the lectures! I totally understand but it won't help.
    I would introduce something behavioral. We had this same problem and tried a million different things before I discovered that she was motivated by chocolate chips she had never had candy or many sweets at all and if she pooped in the potty she got two. : you could also try a sticker chart or other immediate reward like five minutes playing with mommy's phone, etc, for poop on the potty. I had a friend who had success with temporary tattoos.
    Why is your DD pooping so many times per day??? Is she holding it in and it's coming out bit by bit? 56 times per day seems like a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"