1st Trimester

8 weeks and mild cramping... ?

I'm 8w2d and have some mild cramping... like period cramps, which started yesterday. Not bad, but noticeable. I found out I was pregnant very early, at 3.5 weeks, and haven't had any cramping till now. Is this normal??? I keep checking, and no spotting at all.

I'd call my doc's office, but it's the weekend.

I've had multiple betas done, all good... except I'm on Prometrium for low progesterone, and have been for a few weeks now. l also had an early u/s @ 5w6d cuz of my low prog, and not only did everything look ok, but i also heard the heartbeat at a strong 119 bpm.

I have my first app with my ob on the 26th... But be honest with me ladies... could this sudden cramping be the start of a mc?????????

Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: 8 weeks and mild cramping... ?

• I wouldn't panic. The last time you went in for the u/s everything was fine and you should keep with that. Try not to worry too much. If you feel as though the cramping is bothersome, head on over to the ER. They can go ahead and check it out for you. I've had a miscarriage, and there was bleeding first  about a day before cramping. Everyone is different though. Again, if you feel it's really going to stress you out, go on over to the ER and tell them what you are feeling.
  • ok thank you so much! and sorry to hear you've been down the mc road before.  i really do appreciate your advice!
    Started TTC #1 in March, 2011. Surgery to remove tumor in uterus and ovarian cysts on April 13th, 2012. Started TTC again in June. First BFP on August 12th, 2012! Betas on 8-16-12: 878 Progesterone: 8.1 Betas on 8-20-12: 4,772 Progesterone: 6.6 (Put on Prometrium until 13 weeks) BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I too take progesterone supplement (Crinone Gel) and I was told that causes the cramping. 
  • Just things stretching out. I get some from time to time. As long as the cramping is not accompanied by heavy bleeding, you should be okay
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I agree with PP. I've had cramping almost every day for the last 2 weeks. It's usually mild, but I've had no bleeding or spotting at all. I have my first u/s this week, so I'm really looking forward to seeing baby and making sure all is well.
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • With my 2nd pregnancy I had cramping at 8 weeks and 12 weeks with some spotting...it would last about a week. With this pregnancy I have only had the cramping at 8 weeks.Like you, every test has shown that things were healthy. My OB said it was related to when I would have gotten my period but was nothing to worry about. Cramping can also be caused by dehydration. So my guidance would be to take it easy...get plenty to eat and drink and get some rest. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • when I had my miscarriage at 7wks 10 years ago, I had spotting, then bleeding, then the cramping (that only came the day I was actually losing the baby).
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6.27.13 *~*stick baby stick*~*
    beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608

Pregnancy Blog

• It's pretty normal.  I had mild cramping from about 4 weeks until about 7 1/2 weeks.  It would happy pretty much every day for a bit and then go away.  I never had any spotting with it.  From what I read and from my Dr. it was pretty normal as your ute is growing.  The cramping stopped about 8 weeks. 

I also had a u/s at 7 weeks and saw the baby with a healthy heart beat, and at the time I was still having some minor cramping, so I say normal as long as not bleeding is with the cramping.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had the exact same thing including a lower back ache since last night. I texted my midwife just to be sure and she said that as long as there is no bleeding accompanying it, then it's normal and fine.

ETA I'm also on supplements for low progesterone.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • I get mild cramping all the time! It's a bit freaky sometimes but our ultrasound last week was great. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have had mild cramping on and off throughout my first 9 weeks.  It felt like period cramping and it was constipation every time. Are you regular?

TTC since 2/25/12 BFP 7/30/12 EDD 4/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've had mild cramping (and even spotting) for the last 4 weeks.  eVerything is okay here. Sometimes cramping just happens. maybe you are a little dehydrated. Sometimes I cramp when I am. 

• Cramping is normal... a lot is going on in your uterus! Unless you have blood, don't worry about it.
    Amanda

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers