Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tearing Question

For those of you that tore or had an episiotomy during delivery: when did you feel completely healed? I'm 3 weeks in and still sore down there. How long did you use the peri bottle and dermoplast spray?

Re: Tearing Question

• I had an episiotomy with 4th degree tears and I was probably sore for the first month and used the peri bottle during that time.  Around 2 or 3 weeks I stopped with the dermoplast.I am now at 10 weeks and I finally feel completely healed.  It is so different for everyone but try not to worry, you will feel better again soon!
  • I had a 5th degree tear.  It was pretty horrible.  Looked like a bomb went off down there.  I was sore for the entire 6 weeks.  I started feeling better around 7.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • I tore and felt great around 2 weeks..I am almost 4 weeks pp and it feels terrible down there again and I looked and the site where I got stitched..completely torn open again..
  • I was torn all up and down, and restitched 3 times (awesome new resident). I stopped with the peri bottle after about a week and felt better around 4 weeks. I still feel a little sore sometimes but haven't had any bleeding since 2w PP and have felt overall pretty good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I had a 2nd degree episiotomy and several internal lacerations which they also had to stitch... I'm currently 2w3d pp and feeling much better as long as I keep taking my ibuprofen 800mg around the clock. If I miss a dose, or take it late, I get a little sore which reminds me to take it ASAP.

The worst part right now is the itching... the stitches itch when they are healing, but the dermoplast helps with the itching. Also, I still use my peri bottle most of the time (except when I run for a quick pee when the baby is crying).

Tucks pads help with the itching too.. I spray the dermoplast, wait a couple seconds, then externally wedge a tucks pad up near my stitches (sry if it's TMI).. This controls the itching pretty well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a third degree tear and I'm still sore 1 month PP. 
    m/c 2013
  • With DD1, it took I believe around 2 months before it didn't hurt anymore. With DD2, it stopped hurting after 10 days.
  • I used peri and spray the first 2 weeks. I had a 2nd degree tear and felt mostly healed by week 4.  I say mostly because at 6 weeks when we got the green light to get busy again, it HURT the first few times.

My Baby Blog: www.whosthatmom.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image

• I had second degree tears, took advil and tylenol for the first day or two, have been using the peri bottle every bathroom visit as per the doc's instructions, but I don't need it for relief, I don't really feel anything much down there. I'm 13 days in and feel normal...there's a bit of itchiness, but that's it. I didn't use any frozen pads or anything ... I guess  mine weren't really that bad. I had tucks pads for the one small hemmorhoid I got, but if I didn't have bathroom issues (I had the runs for several days) then I don't even think I would have known I had a hem. I heal pretty quickly from stuff, and I only pushed for 25 mins, so my mom thinks that's why I didn't feel that much pain down there post partum.
  • I had an episiotomy, I felt so much better after two weeks that's when I stopped both the peri bottle and dermaplast. However apparently I'm not all healed because I just had my 6 week appointment so was thinking finally sex! Um no. It killed and he didn't even go in far at all. And it started bleeding again. So needless to say we'll be putting that off for a bit, so hopefully it heals completely soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJulySpark05:
    With DD1, it took I believe around 2 months before it didn't hurt anymore. With DD2, it stopped hurting after 10 days.

This exactly. I have no idea what the difference was. I had the exact same tearing with both. I think the first time it was more pelvic soreness that lasted so long.

• I had a small 1st degree tear. No clue where it was, it never really hurt. I tried looking for it the other day with a mirror and saw nothing :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • I had an episiotomy. I stopped taking pain medication about 4 days pp. Felt fine about 1.5 weeks pp. I did notice that there is a little twinge when I did pilates a couple of weeks ago. Other than that I had a very easy recovery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"