April 2011 Moms
Options

Potty training, anyone?

G has been going on her potty when she wakes up in the morning and after naps pretty constantly for over a month now. She will sign "potty" other times during the day, and we will take her but it's hit or miss (a lot of times she signs toilet as she is actually peeing).

Where do I go from here? I'm not really interested in serious training but I want to support her learning process. What are you guys doing?

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.

Re: Potty training, anyone?

• Options

We are pretty much doing what you are doing at this point.  Once our whole household is over being sick we are going to have a naked weekend.  We are hoping this will help her recognize that she has to let us know before she starts peeing that she needs to get to the potty.

Good Luck!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That's about where we're at too.  I plan to just keep the lines of communication open, and maybe around 18 months old start doing more bare-bottom time around the house (too bad it will be fall/winter then, with my DD it was summer which was nice) and encourage him to head to the potty to go.  The way we did it with DD was when she peed not on the toilet, we would pick her up, say "pee goes in the potty" and put her on, even if she was just done.  She got the idea and eventually started to make her way there on her own much of the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!  We have a potty in the bathroom that DD will sit on when I am going to the bathroom and we sit her on it before bathtime too and its very hit or miss. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

We do a lot of naked time in our house.  She will hold herself and scream if she has to go and I put her on her potty but she won't go.  I put a diaper on her and she *** she goes right away!  And then we have to change her ASAP because she hates to be wet!  We are getting closer.  Same with poop she goes and holds herself and won't walk because she doesn't like the poop in her diapers. 

I was hoping around 18 months things will click more!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageGrace0609:
    Sorry, no help here!  We are just training our 3 year old boy now!
    I hear it's harder with boys! Hang in there :)
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    I'm not going to start trying seriously until 2, but when I notice her poop face (especially in the bath tub) I put her on the potty and she'll go. I've been trying to communicate a little more, asking if she went, asking her if she has to go to see if she can really tell me.  So far just that much has gone well, so we'll see!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"