Pregnant after a Loss

Pregnant and Period?

I've bled lightly, like maybe a pantyliner a day, right on cue when my period would have been due all through this pregnancy.  It's bizarre!  I told my CNM about it and she thought it was odd but there are no signs anything's wrong with the baby so she said it's nothing to worry about unless I feel like I'm starting to miscarry again.  Which I don't.  It's just like a light version of a regular period, complete with mild cramps and cravings for salt.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Or am I just some kind of weirdo? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant and Period?

• It didn't happen to me, but, my MIL had a period every month she was pregnant with my husband.  So as odd as it may seem, it can happen!
  • It's not your period, but some women do bleed during pregnancy with no known cause. I would just keep an eye on it and if it gets heavy, go get checked out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • imageangielayne926:
    It's not your period, but some women do bleed during pregnancy with no known cause. I would just keep an eye on it and if it gets heavy, go get checked out.

Exactly this. Your period is your uterus shedding it's lining, which does not happen during pregnancy. Bleeding from your vagina does not always mean you are having your period. 

I bled for a week during 1st tri with no known cause.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I bled for 6 weeks, but that was due to a sch. Could you ask for an early ultrasound just to see if there is anything like that in there?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageEaky77:
    It didn't happen to me, but, my MIL had a period every month she was pregnant with my husband.  So as odd as it may seem, it can happen!

As others have said, it is not possible to have a period during pregnancy. My sister argued that it was because she's heard similar stories and DH, being a smart-alic said it would be possible for women with two uteruses to have a period, so there you go.  A woman bleeding during pregnancy either has two uteruses and is continuing to get her period, or there is another, much more likely reason.  I bled during this pregnancy due to an SCH. It was significant bleeding, to the point of had I not known I was pregnant,  I would have thought I started my period.

• I only called it a period because it came right on schedule for her. shrug
  • My grandmother said she bled every month when her period was due when she was pregnant with my uncle. 
  • Id push for an ultrasound. Bleeding while pregnant, while not super uncommon, is still not normal and is a symptom of another issue. Usually due to SCHs.
    SCHs should be checked/monitored as a large one in a bad location can cause a miscarriage.
    I had one with DD but thankfully it was small, in a good lOcation, and had absorbed by week 12.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"