Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Scared to have sex after D&C

I had the procedure done 2 weeks ago today and I am scared to have sex--I don't know if I am worried that it's going to hurt or if emotionally I am not ready yet.  The miscarriage began July 29th so it's been quite some time now.  Not sure if anyone else has had similar feelings. 

Re: Scared to have sex after D&C

• Options
    DH and I waited maybe 3-4 weeks before having sex again.  Physically it was completely fine (the doctor gave us the green light at 2 week post-op visit and reco'd taking measures to TTA).  Emotionally was a different story.  During was fantastic because of the deep emotional connection.  But afterwards?  I randomly broke  down into tears at the thought that we could accidentally get pregnant too early (we were told to wait 2 cycles first).

Just do whatever you are comfortable with.  It's different for every couple and only you will know when you're ready (physically and emotionally) again to be intimate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so glad that you posted this because I have been scared as well. It's a completely emotional thing for me, and I'm not sure why (especially because we have infertility issues, so sex isn't tied into pregnancy.)  I thought it might help to just "do it" to get over my fear, but I ended up in tears because of the emotional craziness. I am very worried about how long this is going to last. Know that you're not alone.

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were told to wait 6 weeks after D&E.  I was ready to throw in the towel at 3 weeks but DH was too scared.  Seems like we have switched places this week and now I'm scared of getting pregnant before our saline u/s and having to go through all of this again.  Yuck.  Hugs to everyone.  It is so nice to know we aren't alone!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Options
    I was 2 weeks post D&C yesterday and I had my follow up appt on tuesday. We were given the ok to have sex at my appt. I was nervous but I wanted that emotional connection with my DH. Just do what feels right for you. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"