October 2012 Moms

EHRMAHGERD, I GET IT!

I'm big! I know! There's a baby in there! Isn't it CRAZY how that works?

FRIGGIN CAN IT, PEOPLE. Sheesh. 

If I have to listen to this for 6+ weeks, I'm seriously concerned I might go to jail for assault. Don't poke the bear. Yes, I'm the size of a bear, but don't poke me. I will tear your face off.

Ok, I feel better! ;)

xoxo 

Re: EHRMAHGERD, I GET IT!

• I can't believe people think it's okay to say "You are getting so big." I sometimes wonder if I wasn't getting big, would they question that as well??? I especially hate it when a man says something... I want to seriously kick him in the crouch. That should teach him a lesson, right?
  • lol, this morning my two year old says "My belly is little. Mommy, your belly is really, really, really big!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • It doesn't get easier......at almost 36 weeks, people are still a-holes.

• Word.  The one that gets me more than "wow, look at how big you're getting!" is when I yawn, adust, push Punkface's feet outof my ribs, whatever, it's "Oooh just wait!  It's gonna get woooo-ooorrrssseee!!!"  (said all sing-songy like that, obviously.)

I think pregnancy-induced eye stabbing or throat punching should not only be legal, but encouraged.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • I got really annoyed with my sister saying this for a while, when I was around 25 weeks, so I said, "Do you want me to start commenting on YOUR appearance?!"

And she kind of stopped and said very apologetically, "I'm just excited because it means the baby is growing so well."

Oh.  Now I'm the a-hole.  LOL.  I felt really bad after that and try to remember that that's all people mean by it.

But if I had to hear it every day, it would get really old.

TTC #1 since 3/2010

BFP 10/25/2010 MC 11/4/2010 @6w4d

HSG 12/9/2011 found endometrial polyp & intrauterine adhesions removed via operative hysteroscopy/ D&C 12/23/2011

50mg Clomid 1/13/12

BFP 2/7/12 Perfect baby girl born 10/24/2012 8lbs 2 oz 21.5"

• I've been asked if I was having twins twice now from ladies I work with. Awesome, thanks for letting me know im huge. In the words of stephanie tanner ... how rude!
    Baby E born 10/24/2012 ~ 7lbs 5oz 19 inches
  • I use to say this all the time to pg ladies, especially after my first was a premie and I never did show a lot. I gain a lot but for some reason it goes to my butt. I was so in awe of women who got nice big health pg bellies.  I always meant it with excitement and as a compliment.  I now try to refrain from commenting.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think its hard because women generally dont want to be BIG.  And as much as I'm sure we are all excited and happy to have big bellies (and healthy babies), it can be a lot to swallow that we are gaining a pound a week!  In my case, I dont feel like I'm even eating that much, but the pounds keep piling on.  If someone said to me that my BELLY was getting big, I think I'd be okay with it, but I typically here that I'M getting big, which in my mind means my legs are jiggly, my back fat is out of control, I have sausage arms, and I can feel my cheeks move when I drive on bumpy pavement.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• while we were at the dentist last night for my DH as he is sitting in the chair waiting to get checked out he looks and me and smiles and says "Look at that big o belly!" the dentist started to giggle (he was male) and the assistant (female) smiled at me and said "when are you due" i was like thanks babe!
  • image gusabbey:
    I think its hard because women generally dont want to be BIG.  And as much as I'm sure we are all excited and happy to have big bellies (and healthy babies), it can be a lot to swallow that we are gaining a pound a week!  In my case, I dont feel like I'm even eating that much, but the pounds keep piling on.  If someone said to me that my BELLY was getting big, I think I'd be okay with it, but I typically here that I'M getting big, which in my mind means my legs are jiggly, my back fat is out of control, I have sausage arms, and I can feel my cheeks move when I drive on bumpy pavement.

This!

I LOVE that she's big and strong and normal and healthy, and I love my big belly. It's the insinuation that I MYSELF am huge, that gets me irritated. I had a woman walk up to me at work and say (I sh*t you not), "GIRL! Look at those big ol' birthing hips spreading out!"... I'm amazed she lived through that conversation.

Here's another good one, "I can tell you're having a girl, because I didn't look like that when I had my son. I only gained in my belly, but my face and arms and everything stayed the same." This was a STRANGER. Like she knows what I looked like before. REDRUM.

;)

We're knocked up, we're allowed to rage a little! Ha! 

• Lol, don't poke a bear in the zoo. DH's favorite movie quote.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• I got my first "you look like you're going to pop" comment yesterday.  I was like, seriously?!?  I have 5.5 weeks left!  I know I'm only going to get bigger!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N~May 2004     C~Oct 2012

It's the internet. Like you don't own shit. Even Al Gore doesn't say shit like that and he invented the internet. ~~Mbenit4
  • image gusabbey:
    I think its hard because women generally dont want to be BIG.  And as much as I'm sure we are all excited and happy to have big bellies (and healthy babies), it can be a lot to swallow that we are gaining a pound a week!  In my case, I dont feel like I'm even eating that much, but the pounds keep piling on.  If someone said to me that my BELLY was getting big, I think I'd be okay with it, but I typically here that I'M getting big, which in my mind means my legs are jiggly, my back fat is out of control, I have sausage arms, and I can feel my cheeks move when I drive on bumpy pavement.

And I just busted out laughing. This is exactly how I feel.  I can literally look down and see how big my cheeks are getting because they're in my eye sight now. 

I stomped my foot the other day in attempt to fit my swollen foot into my shoe, and I felt what I would describe as 'ba-doing,doing,doing...' come from my ass. UGH.

• image BabyCZ:
    I can't believe people think it's okay to say "You are getting so big." I sometimes wonder if I wasn't getting big, would they question that as well??? I especially hate it when a man says something... I want to seriously kick him in the crouch. That should teach him a lesson, right?

Yes, and it is equally frustrating.  When I tell people how far along I am or when I am due they all say "but you're so small."  Um, not really.  I am getting awfully close to 200lbs.  I was not exactly svelt to begin with, but I am right on track in both growth and weight gain.  I have to constantly remind myself of that bc the small comments stress me out.  I can't help but worry if LO is growing well, if I am eating enough for him, am I taking care of him.

It's funny, if I tell people I am XX weeks they look at me cross eyed bc they can't figure out what that translates to in months or due date, but yet they all seem to be experts on just how big or how small any of us should be at any particular moment.

image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • LMAO!! Everytime I see that 'ehrmahgerd' word I crack up..my 13yr old son has always pronounced it that way and now to see it all over fb is just hilarious to me!

Well I wish people would tell me I look pregnant, I'm a big girl as it is and anytime I mention I'm pregnant or only have a few weeks left they get this shocked look on their face bc they must have just thought I was REALLY fat in the belly LOL I'm proportioned all over but c'mon! You can't tell there's a 35 weeker in there???

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm measuring big, so everyone that doesn't know me automatically assumes I'm going to pop any second.  Around week 27 I went to find a pair of shoes.  I walked into a store and looked around.  Then I guess I sighed a little too loudly and sat down.  The salesman rushed over and asked if I was alright.  I smiled and said yes and that I wanted to try on some shoes.  He breathed a sigh of relief.  Apparently he heard me sigh and thought I was going into labor.  Silly, but it made me laugh.

Most people ask me when I'm due, and their eyes get huge when I say I have another 7 weeks to go.  Some follow up with "Oh, is it twins?"  I just say "No, but I'm 5 feet tall and my husband is 6'4" and comes from a long line of big babies, so she is just taking after her daddy."  I know they don't mean to be insulting so I take it with a grain of salt.  I just want it to be Oct 21st already so I can feel quasi-normal again.

PS Love the "Don't poke the bear in the zoo" quote.  My hubby and I use that all the time :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers