1st Trimester

This might be goodbye...

My trip to the ER ended up with some devastating news. The bleeding I'm experiencing could be the start of a miscarriage. My quant levels Last Thursday were at 75. Today they're only in the 400s. They also can't find anything on ultrasound. They are trying to rule out ectopic pregnancy, but can't at this point since they can't see anything on u/s.

Does anyone know statistics on ectopic pregnancies? Or when you should try again after a miscarriage? I'm too scared to google anything at the moment.

I have to go back for another blood test, and u/s Tuesday and we will go from there. Thanks for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This might be goodbye...

• Sorry to hear that Cara. Try to think positive and if there's anything to hang onto in life it's hope. 
  • I'm afraid I don't know anything, I just want to say I am so sorry. *hugs*
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm keeping you in my thoughts! (((Hugsss)))
    Me 28 | DH 33
    Married 12.21.12
    DD#1 born 5.21.13
    DD#2 due 7.11.16
  • Oh, Cara, I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself, you'll be in my thoughts.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • imagePerrin024:
    Sorry to hear that Cara. Try to think positive and if there's anything to hang onto in life it's hope. 

Ditto

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • T and P sent your way.
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There is about a 2% chance of having an ectopic pregnancy. 8/23 your beta was 75 and 9/1 it was in the 400s? Definitely sounds like it could possibly be ectopic or non-viable. :( I'm sorry, I've been in that limbo before.

If your betas rise appropriately, they should be over 1500 by Tuesday and you should see something somewhere (uterus or tubes).  If they still don't see anything/the betas didn't rise enough - they may assume ectopic and recommend the MTX shot so you don't run the risk of tubal rupture.

Hopefully you get better news at your appointment.  

That said, I just experienced a loss at 7 weeks last month.  It was hard, but *for me* googling made me feel better.  I'm one of those people who like knowledge and answers.  I'm sorry I don't know anything about ectopics.  When to try again depends on your dr.  My MW didn't require us to wait at all (hence here we are), but I know several girls that m/c the same week as I did, and they all were asked to wait at least 1 cycle.  Sometimes, it can be longer than that.  The TTCAL board has a blog with every answer you are probably interested in right now.  

Hugs and T&Ps for you.  

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"