August 2012 Moms

My mom goes home tomorrow :( AW

My mom lives in California, I lived with her until a year ago when my fiancee and I moved to Kansas. She has been here since the 14th and it has been really nice. She helped me through labor and she made a great team with my fiancee when it came to keeping me calm and collected.This last week my fiancee had to go out of state for some work training and it has just been the 2 of us which has been really really nice.

I have been doing so good and not letting the baby blues get me but today I have been crying almost non-stop. Has anyone else had this problem? I want to hide in her suitcase and go with her but I don't think I could fit my son and myself in there.

Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My mom goes home tomorrow :( AW

• While I didn't cry very much, I was sad when my mom went back home.  (She lives in Arizona, and we live in Wisconsin.)  She and my step-dad were in WI for almost a month after DS was born.  They stayed with us for about 1 1/2 weeks of the month.  It was so nice to have her around.  I had a c-section and got sick from the spinal block.  She took on the "lovely" job of holding the basin as I kept vomiting.  I don't think she had to do that since I was about 8.  It's amazing how fast those motherly instincts kick back in.  She also helped make the food and clean for DS's baptism party, and she even did our laundry before she left. 

While I've always missed my mom, I miss her a lot more now.  I didn't mind only seeing her once or twice a year before because we talked to each other at leave every few days.  Honestly, there just aren't many exciting things that go on in adults' lives that require seeing each other on regular basis.  It seems different now that DS is around because I feel that she's going to miss out on so many things.  She did install Skype, and I plan on posting a lot of pictures online for her, so I'm hoping those things will be good enough.     

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Mom stayed with us for a week. She got to see DD be born and she was so much help with grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning. I cried my eyes out when she left. It's so hard being away from my Mom now that I have a baby. It's so weird for me.
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom passed away 16 years ago (LO's first name is after her) so it's been hard knowing that she can't be here with her first grandchild. MIL was in town for a few days, staying with her sister because we have a cat and a tiny apartment, and she's allergic to cats and we didn't have room for her. She wasn't going to come to our place (we planned on visiting her sister's for a day, and we did) but because I had some health scares, she had to come sit with LO for several hours one night while I was in the ER and then she came to stay for a few hours during the first 2 while DH was at work. I was just too afraid that I'd have a seizure or something (wasn't sure if pre-e went away, but it all turned out okay) so MIL just came and snuggled the baby while I got as much sleep as I could.

It was really nice, this woman has never liked me, at all, in almost 10 years; it all seems to have changed now that I've given her grandbaby number 6. I'm no longer horribly intimidated or annoyed by her and she doesn't seem to wish death upon me. She headed home to Ohio from our place on Monday shortly before DH got home from work and I was pretty anxious the next day alone with the baby. But it helped that we had prepared ourselves to have NO help at all, since it was never planned for her to be at our place; it just had to happen because of my concerns about my health. If I had passed out or worse, the baby would have been unattended. I couldn't handle that thought for the first couple days. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • My mom only lives about a mile from my house, so baby and I see her everyday.  Before I had the baby, I loved living alone and found it a hassle to see my parents all the time.  Now that baby is here, though, my mom is my favorite adult in the world!  She gives me someone to talk to, plus she takes over baby patrol for at least an hour or two a day so I can get things done or just take a nap.  She is truly a blessing and I couldn't imagine doing this without her.  I'm so sorry to those of you whose moms aren't around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"