January 2013 Moms

NuRoo skin to skin t shirts

Thought some of you ladies might appreciate this new to market (almost) t shirt that will be available.  I know theres been lots of baby wearing discussion.  A friend just delivered and said she got a chance to be a size model for the product and was sad that by the time its available her son will be too big!  

https://nuroobaby.com/blog/

I dont know much else about it but the idea sounds heavenly a little bundle skin to skin all cozy in a little pouch! 

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
Peach- MC 3/2012
Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NuRoo skin to skin t shirts

• I don't understand what it is exactly?  Is it just a shirt that allows for baby to fit inside?  Does it keep them supported or you still need to hold them like that?

I do love the benefits of Kangaroo Care.  You can do skin-to-skin easily in a stretchy wrap as well.  We loved doing skin-to-skin through the "4th trimester".  It was great for fussy times!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagesbevmc09:

I don't understand what it is exactly?  Is it just a shirt that allows for baby to fit inside?  Does it keep them supported or you still need to hold them like that?

I do love the benefits of Kangaroo Care.  You can do skin-to-skin easily in a stretchy wrap as well.  We loved doing skin-to-skin through the "4th trimester".  It was great for fussy times!

Ditto. I just wore my moby shirtless with DS against me. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagebearkatjen:
    imagesbevmc09:

I don't understand what it is exactly?  Is it just a shirt that allows for baby to fit inside?  Does it keep them supported or you still need to hold them like that?

I was thinking about this. I'm too afraid of the moby, especially trying to tie it alone, but I'm thinking maybe wearing a nursing bra and using the sling we registered for? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This seems pointless to me. I love the hoodies that go over you, baby and carrier, but you're not going out in this. Just put one of your maternity shirts over you and baby if that's what your want to do. Or like PP said, wear the baby on you in a wrap. I was topless quite a bit that first month . You nurse every 45 minutes. Clothes just get in the way, ha-ha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This looks like it would be great for the hospital!
    image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • imagezonagirlie:
    imagebearkatjen:
    imagesbevmc09:

I was thinking about this. I'm too afraid of the moby, especially trying to tie it alone, but I'm thinking maybe wearing a nursing bra and using the sling we registered for? 

Don't be afraid of the Moby!  Watch some youtube clips about how to put it on, try a few times and you'll love it!  Moby would work great for skin to skin!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi Ladies - I'm over the moon to see chatter about The N?Roo Pocket on a Bump thread! I'm one of the co-founders and wanted to share our story and answer your ?s... After falling in love with what skin-to-skin could for our babies, we longed for something that provided coverage and mobility. We tried other wraps but they didn't offer enough coverage (exposed post-partum muffin top = no fun!) and found them to be rather intimidating. After disappointing trials, we decided to create our own. The N?Roo Pocket goes on like a blouse so there's no wraps, straps or ties. The flexible closures on either side provide a custom fit so as your body changes and your baby grows - it's a perfect fit every time. The inside pocket keeps baby in the optimal position so you get the most from the practice and it comes with a support belt for when you're on your feet so you're totally hands free. We're trained in the practice of Skin-to-Skin contact, or Kangaroo Care, and are excited to pass that info on... for instance, did you know that an uninterrupted 60 minutes of skin to skin contact (baby has to be vertical on your chest) is needed to deliver the hormonal cascade that is attributed to the benefits? Or that nerve stimulation during the process is interrupted by something as small as the center of your bra between the two of you? To learn more about why baby loves being on your skin - check out nuroobaby.com. For those interested, The N?Roo Pocket will be available at BRU.com in January and in stores at Babies R Us in February.

Message me if you have any questions, would love to hear your thoughts!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"