January 2013 Moms

Little Snowflakes, Check In! (Jan 20-26)

Good morning mamas!  We're inching closer and closer to the halfway mark!  :)

Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery?  Have you started getting the nursery together?

What are your labor day weekend plans?

What do you think about changing the color of our screen names below to pink, blue, or green based on if we're team blue, team pink, or team green?  I'm a bit Bump Illiterate, how do you change the font color?  I've seen it in other weekly posts from the other girls. 

Due 1.20glamourgirl brittandjp saphire091...amjung2103 JJsMum RuthieS6Goldsgirl9 AshleyDeha... Due 1.21aly&jjashdonne IsaiahGirlesully314W...AuntieKels... bstenglerbrianabax lotus_blos...andihausdheimerman...eleventhir...sammicheleemja0214CDKnapp+lisamarie. Due 1.22Stones07 StarrSquar... sesigs lcunningha...qteepie428...knittylady LavenderCu...Ktande22 cmed24red- owl Due 1.23northshore... ECBeaches Ellis31 nbalkin RenaeT stardust31...ReeceFamil.. JustSadieTodd&Lauragraciesmur...HildawKatieM558 Due 1.24jastl32 GinghamGre... kstand85 Raeilykristisnodlorinda25miss.britt...scminniejudygrovemattdk06SittinUnde...stellablue...Dks1224 Due 1.25fsu78 Smwainscot...babysabba mrssmw TheLuckies...jjgalJandM11090...martha919angelle50nattn Due 1.26laurapache... jcar2 Bgood8507 LilyyPanda riverethan kris10t3  goofyteach... 

DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                All AL Welcome 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Little Snowflakes, Check In! (Jan 20-26)

• All we have done in the "nursery" is move DD out into DS's room to get them used to it so no one feels it is the baby's fault come January.  We do not plan to paint or anything because we will wait to see if LO is boy or girl and then have a boys room and a girls room in the future. 

Labor Day weekend:  Heading to my parents lake place.  It is about an hour from home so it is a nice get away not too far from home.  The kids have a blast swimming and having smores etc.  I guess the near by town is having a huge Labor Day festival too so we will probably head down there some too...my dad mentioned a demo derby which I am sure DS will get a kick out of. 

I would change my name color if someone walked me thru the process.  Heck I can't even get the penguin badge to work.  LOL

• Good morning!

I haven't settled on a nursery theme/color scheme yet because that is going to depend on LO's sex, which we find out on September 10... can't. freaking. wait. Big Smile

No special plans for Labor Day weekend, just having some "us" time with DH & getting some projects done around the house.

The font color sounds like a cute idea! However the only way I can come up with to change it would be to insert the HTML code manually... so in HTML editing mode you'd have to type something like this out for every person on the list:

<font color="green">laurapacheco</font>

It would look like this: laurapacheco

GL!

image image image
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Morning!

I LOVE that we are getting so close to halfway!!

DH and I painted the nursery grey and made some decisions about usings DS's baby furniture for the new baby. We also have to put new trim up in the nursery as well. We find out girl/boy on the 4th and then I am going ALL OUT on this nursery. I am thinking grey/yellow/white for a boy and grey/pink/white for a girl. Probably nothing to theme like just colors and shapes. I can't wait to get started.

As for labor day, we have a birthday party for a friends 1 year old. I am super excited. And then work around the house and relax. And of course counting down every minute to our 20 week ultrasound on the 4th. Tick Tock.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • We won't really be doing any that thing in the nursery. My DD is in there still using the crib. We are team green as well so it will stay what it is for now super girly. We are also hoping by the time this LO is 2 we will have our new house built. So we will likely put bUnk beds in my DS's room and have my DDI sleep in there. He doesn't want to be moved upstairs by himself so we will have to make the 3 bedrooms down stairs work for the 5 of us!!

We are going camping around D.C. this weekend. We will take the metro into the city and go to the zoo and Museum of Natural History. My DS is really look ok Nguyen forward to it. This will likely be our last camping trip for the season.

If you can figure out how to color code the names, I think it's a great idea!!

Free AvatarsFree SmileysPregnancy Blinkies
  • Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery? Have you started getting the nursery together?  We just found out we are team pink over the weekend (yay!) and we are going with an owl/woodland animals theme. The walls will stay light blue and the colors in the bedding we found are pink, green, blue and yellow. We'll be buying new furniture since DS will be taking his with him to his new big boy room. We're planning on moving DS in October, then we can get the nursery together.

What are your labor day weekend plans?  Probably having some friends over on Sunday to grill out.

What do you think about changing the color of our screen names below to pink, blue, or green based on if we're team blue, team pink, or team green?  I like the idea! 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery?  Have you started getting the nursery together?

Unfortunately,  the month before we found out we had moved into a one bedroom apartment. We're looking into houses now but wont be able to move until May. We have a little corner in our room that we can fit a crib but I do feel Like I'm missing out on the nursery experience. :(

We're traveling up to KY to stay at my Dad's gf's house. It was built by an NBA player from there so it has a huge pool and we plan on using it up before summer truly ends.

We find out this Tuesday what team we are. I will deff change colors if i find out how lol

• Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery?  Have you started getting the nursery together?

Not yet, but we find out the sex of the baby tomorrow : )!! I am so excited and can't wait to start working on the nursery.

We will be packing my mom and grandma up this weekend and help start moving them. They live 4 hours away right now, but will live right down the street from us soon. It's going to be a not so fun weekend.

I like the idea of changing the colors of our names. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery?  Have you started getting the nursery together? Since we are having another girl, we are using the same stuff as with DD so its a butterfly garden theme.  I am working on getting her big girl room ready for her to move into so thats the main project right now---then it will be bringing out the tubs of tiny clothes and organazing for the nursery again.

What are your labor day weekend plans? Visiting my parents with DD at the farm in my hometown. Excited to relax and enjoy mama's cooking!

Change my name to pink! ;)

• I love these weekly check-ins. I don't post too too often, but I really enjoy reading how everyone is progressing.

I haven't decided on a nursery theme yet, but we'll decide on bedding after we know the sex - September 4th. If the little baby is uncooperative, I think we'll go with neutral (brown & tan) room colors and buy bedding after he/she is born. All of the other things we're looking at are gender-neutral so we can use them for future children as well. The nursery is currently known as the "junk room" so I'm just getting started on cleaning it all out. Lots of work!

My husband is off this weekend so we're going to enjoy the time with family at his parents' camp.

I'm cool with changing the font color, but have no idea how to do it.  

• Can you add me to Little Snowflakes please!  I'm due 1/23!!!

Have nursery ideas compiled but will decide Friday after our gender appointment!  Plan on spending the weekend with family spreading the news of LO sex (hoping he/she shows themselve)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello all.  I haven't introduced myself yet.  I am due Jan 20. I am on the site daily but I don't post that often.  I am 37 years old and this is my first child.  We tried for years to get pregnant and were just about to give up and adopt when the little miracle happened!  We are very excited!

We don't have our A/S until September 10 so I don't know what we are having to plot out the nursery yet. I am waiting to decide the furniture color, etc until after we know the sex of the child.

No major plans for Labor Day weekend.  Probably clean up the house and start figuring out where baby's room will be (we have two bedrooms that could work). 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery? Have you started getting the nursery together?

We have a sesame street theme picked out. Have not put any of it up yet, but it will be super cute! Other than that, we are slowly adding furniture. Got the crib up and the dresser/changing table are coming next month. 

We are going to St. Louis to hang out with DH's family. Should be a good time, as always. Only a few more days before we leave. Yay!

What do you think about changing the color of our screen names below to pink, blue, or green based on if we're team blue, team pink, or team green?

That is a great idea, hope you are able to figure it out, because I have no clue.

We are doing an Ocean theme for the nursery. Lots of blues, purples and greens. Though we were team green in the beginning, we couldn't help ourselves from finding out the sex at the ultrasound last week....We're having another girl! We'll be getting the nursery all put together very soon...which brings me to...

MOVING! We bought a new house and are finally moving in on Saturday. I am SOOOOO excited!

What do you think about changing the color of our screen names below to pink, blue, or green based on if we're team blue, team pink, or team green?  I'm a bit Bump Illiterate, how do you change the font color?  I've seen it in other weekly posts from the other girls.

I think that would be cute. Could be interesting to see how things are mixing up. But...I don't know how to change the colors either. If you posted it in HTML then you could code the colors.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

We have baby's crib but that's it. If this is a girl we are going with and pink cherry blossom theme, and if it is a boy we are torn between jungle animals and camo (Daddy is in the Army). 

A/S!! We go in on Friday! Finally. Then we plan on celebrating all weekend lol. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery?  Have you started getting the nursery together?I pick up some stuff here and there but I am waiting until we get back from our vacation in October to really start.  We are doing Grey, white and will add purple or red when the baby is born for the sex.  Our theme is sock monkeys

What are your labor day weekend plans?I actually had the holiday off but decided to work a day shift for the time and a half.  When I get off I think we may just grill and relax.

What do you think about changing the color of our screen names below to pink, blue, or green based on if we're team blue, team pink, or team green?  I'm a bit Bump Illiterate, how do you change the font color?  I've seen it in other weekly posts from the other girls. Sounds great!

p.s can I be added to 1-23 please!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi all!

I love the idea of changing on name colors!  Put me in pink!  

I'm not doing much of a nursery.  We live in a 2 BR apt, so DD1 and DD2 will be sharing a room.  DD1 is in a bed now, so we'll pull her crib out of storage for DD2.  We'll just leave the "decorating" as is probably.  I'm not much of a nursery theme person.  It's a mix of colors and different things.  

This weekend we're headed to the beach on Saturday with another family.  Monday we're going out of town, but I'm not sure where yet.  We have a car rented for the day so that we can get out of the city, who knows where we'll end up!   

• Hi. I had my due date changed yesterday at our anatomy scan. I was due 1/27 but now I'm 1/23. Can I play with you guys now?

We aren't doing a nursery since we will have to move after little one is born and baby will be in the master bedroom with me nursing for that time. I did register for a lot of owl stuff and lots of green as well.

No Labor Day plans. I think my husband will be working part of the day so I'll probably clean and rest. 

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We haven't done anything about the nursery yet.  If we have a girl the colours will be purple and grey.  Our walls are already grey, so we'll probably do an accent wall of purple.  If we have a boy the walls will stay grey and we'll do accents of blue.  If we have another boy he'll eventually end up in the room with DS so we won't be doing too much.  Can't wait to find out next week!!

We don't have any big plans for the weekend.  DH's folks come in on Tuesday, so we'll probably just work on cleaning up the house and yard a bit. 

As far as changing the colours, I think that would be fun, but have no clue how to do it! 

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~Due 10/09/2014

BabyName Ticker  image imageimage
    Oct '14 Siggy Challenge - July
  • Have you decided on a theme/color scheme for the nursery?

Not yet.  We are waiting till our A/S ultrasound which isn't till September 20th :(  I want to know now, lol.

Have you started getting the nursery together?

We have gotten our crib and dresser.

No plans, just relaxing, haven't had a day off in about two weeks.  Need a rest.

• We went with pink for DD's nursery, so we're doing something non-traditional for this one.  Here's the bedding I'm ordering from etsy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have been thinking about Eliana's nursery! There won't be a "theme" per say, but more so a color scheme/style. I know I definitely want it to be girly and pink without being over the top. I'm debating between blush/soft pinks with ivory for a very feminine yet soft look. I also like shades of pink with splashes of turquoise. I also love soft pink and grey together. So, I have some ideas but nothing set in stone.

We're currently house hunting (still) and we may very well still be here when baby girl is born. We've decided that if we don't have a house in the works by November, we're going to set up our guest bedroom for a nursery, although we won't paint the walls. We'd only be here for a few months, so we'd wait to paint until we move into the new house.

We do have quite a few plans this weekend. We have a birthday dinner for a friend on Friday and a pool party/BBQ on Sunday. It is a 3-day weekend, which is absolutely wonderful!! :)

I like the idea of changing our sn's to the corresponding baby color. :)

live.laugh.love.baby

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• We are painting the nursery green. We know it is a boy now but we had planned green for either sex. We know we don't want a specific character or theme but I definitely want to have some cute artwork and maybe a decal for the wall (DH found a really cute on that is a tree with owls). We are going to pick out the furniture this week and then start our registry!

Sadly, I work in a busy ER and it is tourist season so I am working the entire weekend!

I think it would be cool to change the colors of our screen names! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello all, 

Newish poster here, mostly lurker, first time mom at age 38.  Due January 23rd.

We bought 11 acres last March and moved on to the property in an Airstream in December.  Just started building the house this summer, but won't be finished until baby is 8/9 months, if we're lucky.  So no nursery.  Trying to figure out the sleeping situation (Airstream bed is smaller than a full).  We'll figure it out somehow, right?

No idea what we're doing for labor day weekend -- my guess would be working on the house, probably putting in some posts and column caps for upcoming beams. No, I won't be lifting any of it, thank goodness.

A/S scan is scheduled for next Wednesday, so we're team green until then at least.  However, we might change providers to a midwife/birthing center which would postpone the A/S until early October, though I could switch right after the closer A/S.  Struggling with what to do.  $$$, you know?   

2nd Anniversary at Farragut State Park 2012
  • Today we found out we are having a girl so I can really start preparing for the nursery. We are also under contract for our first home and will hopefully be closing next week. I think we will paint the walls a light gray, have white furniture, and splashes of hot/bright pink and yellow. I originally wanted lavender instead of pink but DH insisted a girl's room needs pink. I am really excited!

This weekend my entire family, minus one brother, is visiting from Idaho. Should be loads of fun! 

I like the color names idea, but have no idea how to do it haha.