Maryland Babies

relocating to frederick, Maryland looking for birth center

My husband is getting stationed at Fort Detrick and we will probably be living in Frederick. Im not due till March 19 but ive already started researching hospitals to get care once i get there. However, I want to use a midwife and have our baby at a birth center instead of a hospital and would love a waterbirth as long as there isnt any complications. But i havent had any luck finding ones in the area. Where should i be looking?

Re: relocating to frederick, Maryland looking for birth center

• Hello! Welcome to the area! I live in Northern Carroll County - about 30 minutes away from Frederick. I had a waterbirth and used Special Beginnings birth center in Arnold, MD. I believe there are only 2 birth centers in the state of MD, but I could be wrong. I think the other one is Bay Area Midwifery?

Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello! Welcome to the area! I live in Northern Carroll County - about 30 minutes away from Frederick. I had a waterbirth and used Special Beginnings birth center in Arnold, MD. I believe there are only 2 birth centers in the state of MD, but I could be wrong. I think the other one is Bay Area Midwifery?

Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You are correct that there are only 2 birth centers in Maryland - Bay Area Midwifery ( you can give birth in their center or in AAMC hospital with the midwife in attendance.) and Special Beginnings. However, neither one of them are very close to Frederick.

Welcome and good luck!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hi,

I was wondering if you found anywhere near Frederick and if so, where you went.  I'm pregnant and looking for a birthing center, midwife, etc in Frederick with no luck :-/
  • @velvetseas‌

Not sure when you are due (I'm mobile) but wanted to suggest looking into the birthing Circle of Frederick- they have monthly meetings at the Common Market and also have both public (for meetings) and private (for questions) Facebook pages. A wealth of info about birth options and resource in the area

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"