Baby Showers
Options

Tacky Wedding Registry

I know this is a baby shower site, but I just saw my sister's wedding website and I have to vent to someone!! My sister is getting married in October and she and her fiance set up a website for all of their guests. There is a section called "registries" where they list all of the places they are registered. This is what they put-

"Our registries

Or if these places do not interest you, we'd be very grateful for some spending money for the Honeymoon or to help us pay our vendors.

People have said it's tacky to even imply this, but I think having corporate logos associated with our wedding is equally tacky. We are getting married at the ultra tacky ********** after all so please just excuse our utter tackiness. :)"

I can't even believe that they thought it was ok to do this! This is just the one of the many tacky things they've done in regards to this wedding. I can't wait until the wedding is over!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tacky Wedding Registry

• Options
    I was giving the side eye to them asking for spending money for the honeymoon and asking for money to help pay their venders. I actually think the wedding website is a good idea!
  • Options

imagekhibbert:
    I was giving the side eye to them asking for spending money for the honeymoon and asking for money to help pay their venders. I actually think the wedding website is a good idea!

I agree with you, asking for money is always tacky :/

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekhibbert:

I agree with you, asking for money is always tacky :/

• Options
    Man, I almost wanted to defend her in the respect that her tackiness was at least naive, until I got to all the weirdness about how they know it's tacky and blah blah blah. What is she even talking about with the corporate logos? And I'm dying to know where she's getting married now. The Nascar parking lot???
  • Options
    It's fine that she listed where she's registered but, as you said, her additional comments are rude. People aren't stupid. They'll give cash if they want.  Guests shouldn't be asked to fund the honeymoon or pay for vendors. Their wedding, their responsibility.
  • Options

Most wedding websites have a standard format and there is usually always a registry page, so that isn't weird or tacky to me.  What is tacky is that she mentions that they'll be happy to take spending money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Options
    I've heard of themed weddings, but I never would have thought of using tackiness as a theme.  Interesting.
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • Options
    How many places are they registered at?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:

imagejociejones:
    Man, I almost wanted to defend her in the respect that her tackiness was at least naive, until I got to all the weirdness about how they know it's tacky and blah blah blah. What is she even talking about with the corporate logos? And I'm dying to know where she's getting married now. The Nascar parking lot???

OMG that is funny!  

OP - I think I would die of embarrassment if that was my sister.  Can you maybe talk her into changing it?   

My mother and I had a fit when she first told us she was doing it and she said she wouldn't. I just happened to look at her site the other day and she had changed it to the whole give us money thing! My mom and I are mortified and are just praying that no one will look at her website since it is so close to the wedding. 

• Options

imagejociejones:

They are actually getting married at a "kitschy" hotel were they charge you $180 a night plus tax to stay there! So on top of all of their guest being asked to travel 3 hours away from home and stay at this expensive hotel, they are being asked to give them money to "spend on their honeymoon or to pay their vendors"!! And they're having a cash bar (which out here is a major no-no). It makes my stomach upset just thinking about it.

• Options
    imageMelRC117:

I hate when people outwardly say they know they are tacky and try to make a joke out of it so then it's okay. No, it just makes you look even more ill-mannered that you know but do it anyway...which seems to be common on this board.

And what is she talking about with corporate logos? 

The corporate logos she's talking about are the two places they registered at.  It makes no sense to me either. It's not like Target is sponsoring their wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"