September 2012 Moms

38.5 weeks - no signs the end is near

My back is tired by night time, but I think that's just from carrying the weight. I'm not aware of having felt any BH at all throughout my pregnancy. If anything I get little twinges of quick sharp pain pretty low in my pelvis. And I now have to pee at least once an hour so I know the pressure has increased.

Do some women go into labor with out all the foreplay? Or is the lack of symptoms an indicator I have longer rather than shorter to go until baby arrives...?!

I know I shouldn't be so anxious for symptoms given I could still have weeks... but that just seems incredibly daunting at this point.

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

Re: 38.5 weeks - no signs the end is near

• My sister said that she never had the pelvic pain, she never felt BHs or anything like that. I think some women feel it and some don't. Be thankful. ;)
    Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Everyone is different. I walked around 34 cm dialated and 50 effaced for the last month and still had to be induced with DS. My BFF didn't make any progress until her labor started. Her baby was born 1 day early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm certainly not trying to brag about not feeling anything. It's like early pregnancy when my symptoms started to disappear, I was thankful that they had, but I couldn't help but worry that baby had too... So now here I am wishing for some signs that this was actually going to happen.

• I'm 39w 1d and feeling like she's never coming! I've had a few random contractions here and there and TONS of pressure and lower back pain, but so far it hasn't turned into anything and I'm getting extremely impatient. I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You don't have to have any signs, and you could have the baby tonight.

With my first pregnancy, I had never once felt BH, let alone real contractions. I had my 38 week appointment on a Friday, had an internal and was 0 cm dilated, not effaced at all. They said, "See you next Friday!" and I went home.

Sunday night woke up with timeable contractions and DS was born :)

Hang in there. Remember that every day baby is still inside is a good thing. Enjoy some "me" time - the big day will be here soon. GL! 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know how you feel. I am due on Thur. and feel like he is never coming out. I'm taking on water faster than the Titanic, I have the hands and feet of a 90yearold and my face is SO ugly at this point! I'm ready to have my body to myself and my son in my arms. BUT he isn't going to come until he is ready and even though it's hard to be patient...I want him to wait until he decides it's time. Hang in there!
  • I'm the same state as you ... 38.3 wks and not feeling any progress. I haven't been checked so have no idea the state of my cervix etc. I figure it will just happen when it happens..I have been feeling stuff lower and I know he's head down, but that's about it. I also have GD that is getting harder to control and i am getting fed up with this diet, I am sick of having to time my meals etc. I don't usually put that much thought into food...I am not gaining anything either because this diet isn't allowing me to gain weight and I don't feel like eating anything to be honest because I am sick of all the boring food I have to eat.

Hoping the next week and a bit goes fast!

• Think of it this way...  they won't let you go past 42 weeks so there is an end in sight.  Really though.... baby will come when it's ready. 

• I know she will come when she is ready. And throughout my pregnancy I said I wanted her to stay put as long as possible and to have her after her due date. Then I moved at 34 weeks pregnant to a new state, left my job, and hustled to get completely nested. I think I hustled a bit too much because I am BORED. The house is ready and I went from working 50 hours a week, to sitting around and waiting for this baby to show up. Now, while I'm thankful to not be working that much... the change of pace is a bit extreme, which is I think why all of a sudden I am more than ready to get this show on the road.

• imageTheMcCombies:
    You don't have to have any signs, and you could have the baby tonight.With my first pregnancy, I had never once felt BH, let alone real contractions. I had my 38 week appointment on a Friday, had an internal and was 0 cm dilated, not effaced at all. They said, "See you next Friday!" and I went home.Sunday night woke up with timeable contractions and DS was born :Hang in there. Remember that every day baby is still inside is a good thing. Enjoy some "me" time the big day will be here soon. GL!nbsp;

I think this is happening to me... Not a cm or effaced yesterday and all kind of twinges and pains have started in the last hour so we'll see if it picks up. I'm only 37w2d and wanted to get to 38 at least...and September....so hope this pain ends soon instead of progressing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• that was how I was with my DS and i was induced at 41 weeks 6 days (so 13 days past due).

I feel the same this way and I am due Sept 2nd... so I am guessing I will be super late again. 

This is not scientific... and obviously your body can do anything at this point, but I just "feel" like I will be late and I think there is some truth to your feelings about these things. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"