Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Bright Green Poop in 18 month old

My 18 month old daughter just had a bright green poop. It was the color of bile. I called ask-a-nurse to make sure she was okay, and they said it was fine. But, why does she suddenly have bile coming through her stools? Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned. TIA!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Bright Green Poop in 18 month old

• It's probably just something she ate. 
    my food blog

Zachary (4/2/10) and Ian (3/20/13)

• image MrsWindyCity:
    It's probably just something she ate. 

It isn't anything she ate. It is bile. That is what it looks like and that's what I was told. Just don't know why she is secreting a bunch of bile.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Are you a gastroenterologist? How do you know it's bile? 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image kgopel:
    Are you a gastroenterologist? How do you know it's bile? 

This. That's unlikely.  Did LO eat blueberries? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The little one did not eat blueberries or anything else new. I know it is bile because I know the color of bile and I was informed by a health care professional in peds that it is bile. I wasn't looking for any of you to tell me what it was. I was looking for anyone with experience that could tell me if their LO had this and were fine or if I should be concerned for any reason. Obviously none of you PP have experienced this, so you didn't even need to answer. And if you didn't realize, it is actually NORMAL for this to happen to anyone. It is only a concern if other symptoms show with it. I wanted to know any symptoms other moms might suggest to watch for. 

On a positive note, she is still doing fine. 

• DS had bright green stool a couple weeks ago also that I could not connect to anything he ate that I could remember. It was one instance & next time was normal colored (and thereafter). I wouldn't worry about it if it goes back to normal.  I'm confused about why you're all concerned about an episode of what you believe is bile in the stool & why did this happen but then go on to say how it is "NORMAL" and only a concern if there are other symptoms... 

• image groovygrl:

DS had bright green stool a couple weeks ago also that I could not connect to anything he ate that I could remember. It was one instance & next time was normal colored (and thereafter). I wouldn't worry about it if it goes back to normal.  I'm confused about why you're all concerned about an episode of what you believe is bile in the stool & why did this happen but then go on to say how it is "NORMAL" and only a concern if there are other symptoms... 

I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this and then had some other symptoms come up. That way I could be on the look out. Of course I have been watching her and she is fine. Just thought any "that happened to my LO and then later turned yellow, etc." experiences would be helpful to avoid missing anything important. Thanks for sharing. I'm not worried anymore. She had a normal poop and has been fine for a day now.  

• The only time my son's poop has been bright green is when his sisters feed him sugary snacks (this summer the culprit has been Popsicles). For some reason sugar makes his BMs neon. 
  • image Chocbabe:
    The only time my son's poop has been bright green is when his sisters feed him sugary snacks (this summer the culprit has been Popsicles). For some reason sugar makes his BMs neon. 

You're not responding correctly.  Apparently, none of us are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My Daughter Has Had The Neon Green Colo Also. Idk What Causes It Tho...
  • My girls get bright green poop when they have too much milk. It normally only happens once or twice and then their stools are back to normal color.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers