Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Enfamil AR

Anyone have any success with this formula? Any negative side effects?
                       Birthday invitation photos out-take. She obviously wanted a bigger sombrero. 

Re: Enfamil AR

• My DD has reflux so we tried it before resorting to medication. She was still quiet young and it constipated her a little. 

Are you trying it for reflux? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• We tried it but my little guy got a bit constipated. We went with gentle ease instead & he has done great. We made the choice to try the AR as he was choking alot & we hoped the slightly thicker texture would help. He also had a lot of gas & fussiness. The rice a a thickener was great but the constipation was an issue. Smaller nipple hole & the broken down proteins of Gentle ease solved our issue
  • We are trying it for reflux. The ped wanted us to switch and have her a RX for axid.

After going through 5 formulas before finding one that doesn't bother her tummy and finally settling on gentlease I am pretty hesitant to switch it. I might just try the medication and sticking to the gentlease. We tried two different soy formulas previously and she got horribly constipated on those. With the reputation at AR has to constipate them I'm worried to use it. DH just wants to follow dr's orders though. Ugh... Formula issues are annoying.
  • we tried enfamil ar and it constipated my lo....we then tried target brand version and it has worked perfectly and its abt 10.00 cheaper
  • image gonnabeamom0811:
    we tried enfamil ar and it constipated my lo....we then tried target brand version and it has worked perfectly and its abt 10.00 cheaper

This was going to be my suggestion too. DD did not get constipated on the Parent's Choice AR from Walmart. Weird, huh? The store brands worked better in this case. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Crazy! I will try those store brands out if this one constipates her. Thanks!!
  • image BethAndBen:
    We are trying it for reflux. The ped wanted us to switch and have her a RX for axid.

If your doctor wants to give you the rx anyway, I would just try that out first and see if it helps.  My LO is on gentlease with prevacid and it seems to be doing the trick with her reflux.  I wouldn't want to do a formula switch and add the medication at the same time anyway.  Good luck!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is doing fine with it. Less spit up, and it is more of a flaky spit up vs. milky.  He does NOT get constipated, his poops are the same as they were before going on AR.
  • We had DS on this for a month and it was the worst month not only for us but for him :( the poor thing got so constipated and the formula would clump in the nipple making it IMPOSSIBLE for him to eat. Our pedi advised us to give him karo syrup for the constipation and we tried it but it didnt seem to relieve him. My gut told me to find a different formula! I switched him to similac sensative for spit up and instantly I saw a difference. His constipation was gone, maybe 1 out of 10 bottles clumped (just had to unblock the nipple) and he seemed overall happier and more satisfied. I would seriously recommend similac for spit up over the enfamil! Just my opinion. Hope things go well for your little one!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The enfamil AR did help reduce our reflux, but it clogged the nipples like crazy (even the size 2) and made feedings extremely frustrating.  It also after awhile made them constipated (the target brand also).  We switched to gentlease and zantac and that has been working beautifully.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker