Natural Birth

Trying to walk her out!

It has finally been cooler here (heat index not in the 100s) and I have been trying to walk this baby out before the heat returns. I even walked in the rain for 4+ miles on Sunday. Louisiana in August at 9mo pregnant is no bueno! 

Anyone had luck with this/have other suggestions for encouraging to her to make some progress? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: Trying to walk her out!

• I'm from Louisiana...the humidity is brutal so good for you for keeping up the walking.  I wish i could say walking moved things along for me, but i walked throughout the entire pregnancy and really pushed it toward the end.  I think it helped me during labor and it definitely helped my recovery (i was up and moving right away and already weigh less than i did before i got pregnant), but i still went past my due date.  I did have my membranes swept a few days before i went into labor...maybe that helped?  My doctor was heading the induction route, so i wanted to try that first.  Good luck!

• I'm in the Baton Rouge area and it feels like I am swimming whenever I'm outside! I am a runner, so not being active kills me! I cannot wait for a cold snap, if such a thing actually happens here!

imageimageimage

• Walking and stretching will help her move down some but that baby won't come until she is good and ready so don't tire yourself out too much.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image eceipretsam:
    I'm in the Baton Rouge area and it feels like I am swimming whenever I'm outside! I am a runner, so not being active kills me! I cannot wait for a cold snap, if such a thing actually happens here!

Don't you worry about that, not being active makes me more tired than constantly walking/pacing. 

imageimageimage

• like PP have said, stretching may help. I have a friend who really loves sitting on one of those birthing balls. For around where I live, a lot of mommies try walking all day at Disneyland. It seems to work! (may be a fluke but not sure.) Smile

Hope the weather stays cool for you! I lived in Louisiana for a little while and had my first baby there, I completely understand about the humidity! 

~spaceunicorn~