Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Flying.

DH and I are thinking about flying to the east coast in October to visit family.  I was wondering for those who have flown with their infants, how did it go?  Any tips on getting through security easier?  We'd probably have one stop in O'hare or Detroit since there isn't a direct flight from our city to where we're traveling.

DS will be 4.5 months when we go and I'm EBF so I don't know how much difference that makes.

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flying.

• A friend of mine took her LO to Mexico a few weeks ago and SC and will be going to the UK in a week.

Wearing the baby in a sling without metal or a baby carrier without metal is very helpful for getting through security.

Make sure you're nursing your baby during take-off and landing to help his ears.

And we've heard from a lot of people that flight attendants and other passengers are really nice to you when you have a baby (rather than a toddler). 

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• We flew cross country a few weeks ago (Buffalo to Seattle) and it was OK.  My husband and I did not give ourselves nearly enough time on the way there so it was a huge hassle, but that was our fault.  So make sure you give yourselves enough time.  Our trip home was much smoother.  The Seattle airport had a family line for getting through security which was nice and saved us some time.

I BF my daughter if she was interested during take off and landing and anytime she started to get fussy.  If she wasn't interested, the pacifier worked just fine.

Also, I found it easier to change her at our seats than going to the bathroom.

Good luck! 

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"