You're almost there. Log in if you're a member or join now to connect to Facebook.
Request a new password
popular: ovulation calculator
Find your most fertile days and start TTC >>
moms love: pregnancy calendar
Count down to delivery with your calendar >>
moms love: your baby this week
Sign up to receive weekly updates on your baby >>
moms love: baby name finder
Search through 1000s of baby names >>
moms love: personalized tickers
Track TTC, pregnancy, or baby's age >>
moms love: pregnancy week by week
Let us guide you along week-by-week!)
When and why?
I go on Thursday to appt and looking for some background info. My last induction was terrible and I am curious how many other moms were induced because of GD.
My GD is controlled via diet alone and me and baby are measuring fine, so I won't be induced because of it.
ETA: Just to make sure I was clear last night, my doctor doesn't WANT to induce me. It isn't just my choice. But really. I think I have to have a super mild case of GD. I've been on modified bed rest - no exercise - since a week after my diagnosis, I don't eat that different from how I ate before (less desserts now and more specific timing, really), and my weight gain was never a problem...and I lost some when I started following the GD diet.
I rotate ob's so I ask the same question every time I go. I have been told (so far) that my sugar is in control, weight gain is good, and LO was measuring on track according to last growth scan. Therefore, they will let me go to my due date. They have said they won't let me go more than a day or two more, but I don't have to be induced early. So this LO is cooking as long as possible (unless the baby has its own plan). I also asked about a C/S and they said it wasn't called for just because of GD. There has to be something else going on.
I was induced with DS1 at 39w5d... I was diet-controlled and they WOULD have let me go until the following week (past my due date) before induction, but my doctor was going on vacation and I preferred her to deliver him, if I had to be induced.... he was 8lb 12oz and 21.5 inches long.
This time, I'm diet-controlled as well, and they said they won't schedule an induction unless I need meds or if there are complications... so I'm HOPING for a "natural" (read: still give me that epidural LOL) progression into labor. And HOPEFULLY baby boy #2 will decide to come a week or two early! LOL
terri_doula2010:My GD is controlled via diet alone and me and baby are measuring fine, so I won't be induced because of it.
Same with me.
I don't have GD - but I am a type 1 diabetic and am insulin dependent. Baby is measuring perfectly and will likely be about 7.5 lbs when born. But they will still induce me between 38.5-39 weeks (next week!) if I don't go into labor before that. The perinatologist feels like the risks of keeping him in the extra week outweigh the benefits he would get from staying in. I believe the concern is placenta deterioration.