TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Newb Questions

As a newb, I browsed the TTCAL blog and the polls available, but I did have a few specific questions.  My apologies in advance if you have been asked these same ones a million times.  My search on TB was to no avail.

1. I know it varies for everyone, but how long did you bleed post D&C?

2. How long after D&C or M/C did you resume temping and OPK?

3. How were your cycles after all of this?  Did they occur around the same time as they used to?  Were they shorter or longer?

TIA ladies.

TTC #1 since April 2011

BFP #1: June 7, 2012 -- EDD 2/15/13 -- MMC 8/13/12 (stopped growing at 11w) -- D&C 8/17/12

BFP #2: November 10, 2012 -- EDD 7/22/13 -- Hudson Reid

Re: TTCAL Newb Questions

• First off, I am so sorry for your loss. I recognize you from the February board.

Now to answer your questions as best I can:

I bled for a week. This was not heavy bleeding at all. I really wouldn't have even needed a pad but I was paranoid about having a gush.

I just started temping this morning 2.5 weeks post D&C. We are TTA until AF comes one time, but I needed to get back in the habit of temping. I won't start using OPKs until next cycle because I don't want to waste them.

3. How were your cycles after all of this?  Did they occur around the same time as they used to?  Were they shorter or longer?

I can't answer this yet, because I haven't had a post m/c AF. I am coming up on three weeks so I hope she comes soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1. I did not have a D&C. My m/c was induced by cytotec. I bled for 3ish weeks, then spotted for another whole week after that. Also, after the spotting stopped, I had two random days of bright red spotting and then nothing.

2. I have never used OPKs, but I started temping right about when I stopped bleeding just to get into the groove of it and to see if I could get a pattern going. My first 10 days of temping, the temps were REALLY crazy up and down. Since then, they have been quite steady, between 97.0 and 97.3.

3. I'm only about 6 weeks out from my m/c, and I haven't gotten my first AF yet.

I hope this helps you. In my experience, I was really worried about comparing myself to the experiences of others at first. After a while, I decided that the stress of comparing myself wasn't good for my mind or my body, so I'm trying to just take it easy and let my body do what it needs to do. ((big hugs)) as you go through this process. It's really tough. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I know it varies for everyone, but how long did you bleed post D&C? Off and on for 4 weeks, right up to first AF.

2. How long after D&C or M/C did you resume temping and OPK? The day after my d&c.  I it took 2 cycles for me to start ovulating again.

3. How were your cycles after all of this?  Did they occur around the same time as they used to?  Were they shorter or longer? About the same as before.  My ovulation day has been pushed back a day or two.  They are longer now, but that is due to progesterone supps. every 2ww.

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  •  

I had a natural m/c and I bled for two weeks after finally passing the sac.  I had bled for 2 1/2 days prior to passing the sac and then 2 weeks after.   I then had my first post m/c period almost 2 weeks after the post m/c bleeding stopped (about 4.5 weeks after the start of the m/c) 

I resumed temping on CD1, the first day of my real period post m/c (about 4.5 weeks after m/c started).  I am not using OPKs this cycle, but will next cycle. I'm taking one cycle off from them. With that said, I am charting and using fertility friend to watch for an ovulation

I'm only on my first (or is it second?) cycle after my m/c.  I've had one real post m/c period and am currently on CD14.  My first post m/c period came "on schedule" at exactly 28 days after my m/c started.  I'm curious to see where this next AF will show up, if it will be in the two weeks or so.  I'm hoping that my body will stay on track since it seems to be so far. Fingers crossed.  With that said, I didn't ovulate regularly in the past, so who knows what will happen now.

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. I know it varies for everyone, but how long did you bleed post Damp;C? AF came 5 weeks after the DE. It was a normal AF actually it was lighter t, and they all have been since before lossthat's like 8 now I think.
    2. How long after Damp;C or M/C did you resume temping and OPK? I Wish I had temped that cycle after. The 2nd cycle out threw me for a loop and I didn't ovulate until cd 37 or so. It was incredibly stressful onto of being depressed. It was a horrid period of time, and had I known what my body was doing or not doing I probably would have handled it better.
    3. How were your cycles after all of this?nbsp; Did they occur around the same time as they used to?nbsp; Were they shorter or longer? No, they've been inconsistent and all slightly longer . My cycles went like 35 days, then 50, then 35ish, etc... I've only had on cycle where I ovulated close to cd14 since, where as I used to always been regular. But I've had 2 addition al losses since so that just seems to throw my body back out of whack
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Below are the answers to your questions, specifically how they relate to my experience...

1. I know it varies for everyone, but how long did you bleed post D&C? I bled pretty heavily the day of and still steady, but lighter the second day.  The 3rd and 4th day were a little spotty and then I was done.

2. How long after D&C or M/C did you resume temping and OPK? We decided not to chart for a few months, but if I had, I would have resumed as soon as my 1st AF came.  We used OPK's starting after the 1st cycle.  We were told to TTA for 1 cycle so we didn't use them from the D&C until the 1st AF.

3. How were your cycles after all of this? Did they occur around the same time as they used to? Were they shorter or longer? My 1st cycle came 27 days after the D&C (my normal cycle length before the D&C).  It was lighter than before but still had cramps and back pain.  My second cycle was very short, only 20 days and came with more flow and a lot of pain (which after a visit to the ER turned out to be an ovarian cyst).  My 3rd cycle was 26 days and was very similar in pain and blood flow to my pre-pregnancy AF, but no more pain from the cyst which was good since the Dr was hoping my body would absorb it.

Hope this helps and good luck to you...just try to remember, everyone's experience is going to be a little different!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• 1. I know it varies for everyone, but how long did you bleed post D&C?

I bled pretty heavily for 4-5 days, then light spotting for a couple of days and then back to heavy for another 3 or 4 days and then back to light spotting. Altogether I pretty much bled for 2 weeks.

2. How long after D&C or M/C did you resume temping and OPK? I was told to TTA until after my first AF. Our first cycle after my first AF we didn't tempt or use OPKs, then my second cycle we used OPK's. I'm now on my third cycle and I just bought a Clearblue fertility monitor so we'll see how that goes. Still not tempting, I just don't think it will work for me since I have a pretty irregular sleep pattern.

3. How were your cycles after all of this? Did they occur around the same time as they used to? Were they shorter or longer? My cycles pre miscarriage were 29-30 days. My first AF after my d&c came in 32 days, my second AF came after 29 and my last cycle came after 27 which is my shortest cycle ever. I also now have experienced mid cycle red blood spotting and brown spotting for 2 days before my AF arrives. I never ever had spotting before my miscarriage.

Lees xx

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepinkleopard11:

Light bleeding for about 1 week. 

I didn't do it prior, and am starting now 4 unsuccessful cycles later. 

Mine have been like 28-day clockwork, until this month when AF decided to visit 2 days early.

But, like you said, it does vary for everyone. Hope that helps a little... 

TIA ladies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. I know it varies for everyone, but how long did you bleed post D&C?

About 5-7 days.  Day 1 and 2 were MUCH heavier than typical AF, but then very light the rest of the days.

I started temping on day 1.  I didn't start using the OPK until my 2nd cycle.  Seemed like a waste of money to use it on the 1st since we couldn't try anyways.

Mine have been a few days longer.  Cycles are longer, ovulate later, etc.  

BFP #1: 3/3/12, EDD: 11/11/12, Missed M/C: 4/3/12 @ 8 weeks 2 days, D&C: 4/6/12
    BFP #2: 6/29/12, EDD: 3/8/13, Natural M/C: 7/16/12 @ 6 weeks 2 days
    Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hypothyroidism
    BFP #3: Kendall Grace, born 9/30/13
    BFP #4: 9/3/14, EDD: 5/16/15, Missed M/C: 10/6/14 @ 8 weeks 2 days, D&C: 10/8/14
    Never in our arms, forever in our hearts Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"