Parenting

Update

2»

Re: Update

• What you're going through is awful and I can't believe that midwife would say one word to you about breastfeeding other than to congratulate you for having a good nursing relationship with your LO.  Breastfeeding would not cause this and frankly, I'd report the midwife.  Totally unacceptable. 

I'm so so sorry.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• I'm mostly a lurker here, but I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry. 

I didn't have a d & c (mine was induced by cytotec), but I would encourage you to have some care arranged for another day. I didn't take any time off work or have anyone watch my LO when it happened. My toddler was just so sweet, and easy to handle, but she was afraid to see me cry so much. I regret that I exposed her to my (very strong) emotions during that time. One of my other biggest regrets is not taking the time off work to just be alone or with DH. 

Please feel welcome to join us gals on the TTCAL board; you don't need to be actually TTC, and the women over there are really great. 

ETA: that midwife needs a throat punch. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry :( 
    flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so sorry Hen. TPs to you.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Oh Hen, I am so so sorry you are dealing with this.  I will be thinking of you and sending you all my thoughts as you go through this week. 
  • You already know it, but love you friend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have experience with a D&C but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. :(
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I'm so sorry to hear this.

I had a D&C a number of years ago.  I remember thinking I would be my normal self the next day, but I physically felt like crap.  A lot of cramping that was the worst the day after, and then eased up over the next few days.  You might be ok on Friday, but I think you probably won't feel like chasing after her all day.  My thought is either have someone on standby, or plan on some help, even if just for part of the day so that you can get some down time.

Sending you good thoughts. . . . .

• i am so sorry for your loss.  I had a d&c at about 10 weeks for the same reason. i was twilighted during the procedure and needed a rogham shot after the procedure so was at the hospital for a while.  dh was able to wait with me in recovery.  i felt pretty bad that day, like really really bad period cramps, but advil helped that a lot.  i felt period crampy for a few days afterwards and was instructed to take it easy.  my doctor gave me  meds to stop bleeding if i bled a lot, but i didn't need them.  i had some bleeding two days after the procedure that stopped within a few hours.  i was worse off emotionally than physically.  hang in there, i'm sorry you're going through this.  fwiw, i think it's awesome that youre still bfing and i'd love to be part of the bump gang that tells off the asshat midwife. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this HenHen :(
  • Oh Hen, I'm so sorry. I was away yesterday and went looking for an update today and I'm so sad it wasn't good news. GL with the D&C. I'm sorry the MW said those things, you did not cause this to happen.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"