High-Risk Pregnancy

After stopping progesterone suppositories

Did you notice any changes after stopping the progesterone suppositories?  I had 3 previous miscarriages and for this pregnancy was taking progesterone suppositories.  Stopped this week as we were closing in on week 13 and the placenta should be taking over now.  I have noticed my breasts don't hurt, even though they are still the same size.  With my previous miscarriages my 1st sign of trouble was my breasts shrunk over night.  Any thoughts?
3 angel babies; m/c 2009, 2010, 2011. Our little blessing is due February 2013. Lilypie Maternity tickers image

Re: After stopping progesterone suppositories

• Mine stopped hurting too once I stopped, but they didn't shrink.  That was about 3 weeks ago and baby is doing great.  
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also stopped around 13 weeks and had some spotting in addition to a decrease in my nausea and breast pain.  My doctor said that I would notice some slight decrease in my symptoms since the progesterone can sometimes exaggerate symptoms.  I haven't had any growth in my breasts since the very beginning.

And I'm a week away from delivery now with a big, healthy little girl! 

image Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • My RE had me stop at 8.5w. I didn't see much change in my symptoms, but my breasts never really hurt to begin with in 1st tri! Can you ask your OB to run a check on your levels to help reassure you that your progesterone is okay. That's what I had my RE do...she said I really didn't need it, but did it anyway to ease my mind!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • imagefaithful4u:
    Did you notice any changes after stopping the progesterone suppositories?  I had 3 previous miscarriages and for this pregnancy was taking progesterone suppositories.  Stopped this week as we were closing in on week 13 and the placenta should be taking over now.  I have noticed my breasts don't hurt, even though they are still the same size.  With my previous miscarriages my 1st sign of trouble was my breasts shrunk over night.  Any thoughts?

I believe i had a bit of spotting for a few days after I stopped my suppositories. but it went away. I'm 37 weeks now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"