Cloth Diapering

Royal Fluff on Zulily - Looking for reviews

Zulily has Royal Fluff pocket diapers on sale for $9.99 a piece (marked down from $23).  I haven't started CDing yet since I'm not due for another few weeks, but I thought about buying some of these for my stash.  Any thoughts on them?
image    BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Royal Fluff on Zulily - Looking for reviews

• They're alvas. You can get them for $5.59 on alvababy.com
    candlequeen
  • I'm wondering the same thing.  I don't see much information on them out there, but the prices are good and the designs are cute!
    TTC #1 since 3/2010

BFP 10/25/2010 MC 11/4/2010 @6w4d

HSG 12/9/2011 found endometrial polyp & intrauterine adhesions removed via operative hysteroscopy/ D&C 12/23/2011

50mg Clomid 1/13/12

BFP 2/7/12 Perfect baby girl born 10/24/2012 8lbs 2 oz 21.5"

• I got 3 when Zulilly had them on there last time and they are kinda crappy. From what the other moms said they are Alvas, but I've never bought an alva so I couldn't tell you what they compare to...but I wouldn't buy them again. The insert is weird and the seams are not great. However I'm a FTM and i have not used them on my baby yet so I can't even tell you if they are good or not!! hahah
  • heartbotheartbot
    100 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer Name Dropper
    They're not Alvas. I have Lotus Bumz, which are *definitely* rebranded Alvas, and Royal Fluff are very different. Nattier fleece, different material on the outside, better fit around the legs, and wider inserts. (My Lotus Bumz/Alvas leak a lot, and never had that problem with Royal Fluff.) The company sent me 2 to review a while back, and I liked them so much, I bought 2 more when Zulily ran a sale. I'll probably buy more if they run a sale again. The inserts are fluffier than my FuzziBunz or bumGenius inserts, but I didn't have any issues with the seams. They honestly seem really well made to me and have held up really well over the last few months. I've been very pleasantly surprised, since I figured they'd be horrible cheapies. They're one of my favorites, though, along with bumGenius. The sizing does run a little large. Works for me, since my big 2-year-old is about to grow out of most of her other dipes, but probably wouldn't work well for an itty bitty.

• Generally when I see diapers somewhere like zulily and the brand doesn't have any kind of web presence OTHER than zulily I assume they are some kind of china cheapie menu diaper. Various brands like Alva will let companies custom order diapers with different tabs or styles so they don't LOOK just like a china cheapie, but they essentially are.

That being said, I own up to having a few lotus bums just because I thought they were cute.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mapleme said:

Mandmeesh said:

Where's the booze?

Nicely aged, since this thread is from 2012.
    Oooh good catch. Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • N_KozN_Koz
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper
    thanks I needed another bacardi  :D

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    candlequeen